Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonlord
    replied
    It's definitely worth a try. I'll check this one out to see how good it works ( if at all :P )

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth
    replied
    This was an ubuntu guide so I'd assume whoever did made a script to convert the video's to .avi using memcoder.

As for Yukon I can't find it anywhere so I now use glc when I want to capture a video.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Yukon doesn't convert anything. What it does is providing a cat type tool that decompresses the video into raw AVI format to stdout. You then pipe it into mencoder which then turns this into whatever video you need. Since AVI is not an mencoder exclusive format I got a bit astonished on why it got pulled into the dep-tree. That said I worked with an older version of Yukon so you never know what happened in the mean time. I'll check the new version out on my gentoo box. I know then exactly what it needs and what not.

EDIT: No way. The old website is down and the linkbox you provided is also down. I'm not sure but did the project not get renamed?
    Last edited by Dragonlord; 17 November 2008, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Especially things like lame, mplayer and mencoder I can hardly imagine ( yukon records into an own video format and the last time I checked it had no sound recording ).
    I'd expect those are there so that people can convert the video's to avi etc.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    If it works then it's okay. Just got a bit astonished about the deps. Still thinking they are too much though

Leave a comment:

• niniendowarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Where you got this from? I don't think yukon needs all of this. Especially things like lame, mplayer and mencoder I can hardly imagine ( yukon records into an own video format and the last time I checked it had no sound recording ).
    I found this in the Ubuntu forum, I think. There was a guy who was compiling it for Hardy. The latest release of Yukon does record sound, as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Where you got this from? I don't think yukon needs all of this. Especially things like lame, mplayer and mencoder I can hardly imagine ( yukon records into an own video format and the last time I checked it had no sound recording ).

Leave a comment:

• niniendowarrior
    replied
    Update:

So far, this is what I've found. I don't have a lot of time and I haven't begun building. Just a tiny update.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libxv-dev x11proto-xext-dev mesa-common-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libasound2-dev build-essential subversion lame mplayer mencoder

Leave a comment:

• niniendowarrior
    replied
    Good tip Dragonlord. I haven't gotten around building it yet. Have had to work on other stuff but I will soon.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    It's in fact rather simple. Just look at the source files. I don't know anymore what kinds of deps it has since it's some time ago when I compiled this for capturing vids from my game engine. But whatever just look inside the Makefiles and look for LDFLAGS variables. All you need to do is looking at the -lXYZ includes where XYZ is the library included. There are not that many in fact hence posting these we can immediately tell you what libs you need

Leave a comment:

Working...
X