Feral Is Bringing Rise of the Tomb Raider To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    Not all stores allow game devs to use DRM (eg gog.com).
    not all your statements are true https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/la..._that_have_drm
    i mean, most of your statements are outright lies
    Steam is quite different.
    yes. it supports linux and it works
    It is a fact that Steam provides a DRM feature. It's undeniable.
    it's bullshit. steam allows apps to use drm, that's it. if app doesn't use drm(like tomb rider), only idiots would demand "release it on gog which will never update it"
    Steam contains an optional DRM feature. Valve provide it.
    steam contains an optional drm-free feature. valve provides it.
    Optionality doesn't mean that Steam doesn't contain DRM, it just means that not all games use it.
    optional doesn't mean that steam contains drm, it just means that not all games are drm-free
    From a purely end-user perspective it's actually far more reasonable to claim Steam has DRM than it doens't.
    from a purely end-user perspective it's actually far more reasonable to not even know what is drm and ignore this issue completely, like most users do
    This is because the Steam store doesn't tell users whether any given game in the store uses 1 of those two features linked above. If the user doesn't know, then the user should assume that the game does use those features.
    no, if the user has drm phobia, he could install game, test it, and refund it if it doesn't work without steam. or he could just ask internet. alternatively, idiot could cry "release it on gog"
    Last edited by pal666; 18 February 2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

pal666: If you want to live in an angry, dysfunctional, inverted-reality, fantasy, go right ahead. I wont be joining you.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Cracks are playable without steam and network. Not the legal version
        i never tried cracks, but my legal steam version is playable without steam and network. unlike your gog version of tomb raider
        Last edited by pal666; 19 February 2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

If you want to live in an angry, dysfunctional, inverted-reality, fantasy,
          like the one where all steam games use drm, then you praise gog for not supporting linux and claiming itself drm-free while allowing drmed games in store

Comment

Working...
          X