No announcement yet.

Feral Interactive Wants To Know What Game Ports You'd Like In 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom, Witcher 1 and 3 (I bought all 3 after W2 got ported) ...

I am out of touch with the current trend, but a good RTS would be great ....

Comment

Rocksmith 2014, because all the frameworks for it exist on Linux and a port should take about a week to complete. Also because I'd like to learn guitar on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
        Rocksmith 2014, because all the frameworks for it exist on Linux and a port should take about a week to complete. Also because I'd like to learn guitar on Linux.
        Just trust me on this. Rocksmith or any other Guitar Hero'ish game does not turn you into a guitarist. Not even a little bit

You know about Frets on Fire though, right? It's a free open source Guitar Hero clone.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
          I do not see any 3's in your claim.
          it does not matter. hl 3 consists of two episodes currently, named hl2 episode 1 and hl2 episode 2. valve is free to choose any name for hl3 and it chose name hl2 episode *. real hl2 is named just hl2
          Last edited by pal666; 24 January 2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            I might buy the same games again and gift them away if a port comes along
            do you know that if you buy from steam store and game will be played on windows, it will be counted as windows sale and porters will not get your money?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              do you know that if you buy from steam store and game will be played on windows, it will be counted as windows sale and porters will not get your money?
              I do. Would gift to Linux user of course

Could also buy from Feral directly and not Steam.

Comment

I know that many people want to play awesome games on Linux, but I think it would be nice if Feral Interactive could port Rage to Linux, because Aspyr ported it to Mac, so it will be much easier to make it.

I played Rage on Mac (the App Store version), and I will buy it again if you port it to Linux.

I think that many Linux and Mac users want to run games created by ID Software like Rage, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc.

By the way, I know that you ported Max Payne to Mac PowerPC, and I still play it sometimes on Mac OS X 10.6:

https://support.feralinteractive.com...ames/maxpayne/

It would be great to see a version of Max Payne for Linux and Intel Macs.
                Last edited by gbudny; 24 January 2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  hl3 is already ported by valve. it is called hl2 episode *
                  Great logic you got there pal.

Comment

Let's see...

Obduction (latest game from the makers of Myst, thou unlikely as they've said they have no plans for a Linux port)
                    Sonic Mania
                    Cuphead
                    Witcher 3
                    Doom (2016)
                    Snake Pass
                    Prey (2017)
                    Nier: Automata
                    Nex Machina

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post
                      Great logic you got there pal.
                      it is valve official position. and you have great stupidity

Comment

Working...
                      X