No announcement yet.

Feral Interactive Wants To Know What Game Ports You'd Like In 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prey (2017) - Played it using Wine which worked pretty good. One of my favourite games last year.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Installed Windows (blasphemy, I know) on an old junk HDD and played this during the recent holiday season. It doesn't yet work properly in Wine. The first LiS is already ported by Feral and it's published by seemingly port-friendly Square Enix so it seems like a good candidate.

Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice - Another really good game I played on my temporary Windows install during the holidays. Doesn't work on Wine since it's full of graphical glitches. It's an indie-game running on the Unreal-engine and I suspect the devs might be open to the idea of a port.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - I assume this is the one on their port radar. Instabuy if and when it comes to Linux.

Assetto Corsa - Spent a lot of time with this racing sim before I ditched Windows, and I miss it. Yes, we have a lot of racing games on Linux already, but not in this particular subgenre. The developer is independent but they made a deal with a third party to make the console ports happen. Not sure what their attitude towards Linux is.

There's probably a ton more games I should mention but those are the ones that came to mind right now. I won't even bother mentioning certain Bethesda-published shooters that others already mentioned because Bethesda is Bethesda and thus it's very unlikely we'll see those ports despite all the open source tech used to develop those games.
    Last edited by Brisse; 23 January 2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Rise of Tomb Raider. I think that's on their radar for almost a year? Hope for a Vulkan port to make Win12 users yealous. The only I would buy. Played Doom demo a little in wine but got bored of the gameplay. I guess I've played to much Doom 3 BFG as native Linux version.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
        Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher 3.

...yeah, I know, a man can dream.
        Rise of the Tomb Raider is already in the works.

Cuphead, Doom, Fallout 4/Skyrim

Comment

Rome Total War 2

Comment

Mass effect Andromeda, the older ones play fine on Wine, presuming Origin doesn't break itself. Maybe GTA IV with all the GFWL crap removed.

Comment

Leauge of legends all vote league of legends

Comment

First non-Steam game released and I'm all in.

Comment

Tomb Raider 2013 on GOG.com. Feral could do that without any developing cost. Since they employ more managers than developers, that should suit them.

Comment

Overcooked !!

Comment

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
                      Wolfenstein: The New Order

Comment

Working...
                      X