X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see a self contained snap package

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I will like only one game to be fully supported.
      That is GTA V.
      I don't care about the others.
      And I definitely don't care about Direct3D 12 because I will never buy a DX 12 only game.
      Haha you nailed it dude. GTA V and I'm golden.

Comment

I would like wine to better support games that use multi-threading CPU cores. ATM I believe there is quite a issue with it loading all the work on the first 2 threads even if a game may normally thread more.

Comment

I'd love to see Guild Wars 2 playing at decent framerates. Had it pretty ideal with Wine Staging 2.0 and llano's patches a while back.

Comment

I'd like to see winecfg remember the directory settings for a given prefix when wine is upgraded.

Edit: I'd also like to see the defaults for My Documents, Desktop, etc. be left empty. ie. Shortcuts and everything to stay with in the wine prefix!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post
              By the way, if any of you are on AMD cards using Mesa 17.3.x, DXVK will get you better CPU performance for ESO online and Nier Automata
              Damn, is DXVK already usable for games? How did they reach it to a working state so quickly?

Comment

I'm 9000% more interested in non-gaming software...

I want Wine to better support:

- EDA/ECAD software: Altium Designer, DipTrace, Cadence Allegro & ORCAD (the Linux port uses a crappy winelib-like shim that sucks and lack simulator), DX Designer, DxDesigner WG, Xpedition, AutoTRAX DEX, Micro-Cap, TopoR, NI Ultiboard NI Multisim, Pulsonix, TARGET 3001!, Circuit Wizard, PCB Wizard, LiveWire...
                - Development tools: Visual Studio 2017+, Embarcadero RAD Studio...
                - Professional Non-linear video editing software: Too tired to remember them. Please reply me with some of them if you use them. I don't use them personally, but I know many people too used to some of them and not able to use it in Linux is a major show-stopper.

And 999999999999999999999999999999% better support for serial, i2c, USB, CAN and other ports....

... Plus lots of others I don't remember right now. I'm tired, but wanted to mention some of them at least.

Comment

It would be nice to see gallium nine and eleven and not only vulkan based dx support

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
                    It would be nice to see gallium nine and eleven and not only vulkan based dx support
                    That will never happen, even staging refused to include nine after all.

Comment

Somehow it doesn't work well for me. I've applied those workarounds few times, but sooner or later upon clicking another icon in file manager I find it starting up some atrocity like notepad or wine internet explorer. Jesus Christ, why do they even have notepad?? Who thought it would be good idea to have notepad, or to get it associated with some files??

Comment

Working...
                      X