Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Island Should Now Work With The Gallium3D Drivers

Phoronix: Dead Island Should Now Work With The Gallium3D Drivers

The Dead Island open world survival horror action RPG game that's more than six years old should now work with Mesa's Gallium3D drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it also beneficial to Dying Light ?

Comment

Can anyone update this page please: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/wiki/Games_broken_on_Mesa

I don't have the game, so I can't confirm whether it works.

Comment

I would not recommend anyone to buy games from Techland. Their Linux support is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          I would not recommend anyone to buy games from Techland. Their Linux support is atrocious.
          Why not? I have all thier Linux games and finish all without any major issues and have a lot of fun with playing it So I can recommend games like Dying Light

Comment

Does anyone know if this is for the original Dead Island, or the updated version (with HD graphics)??

Comment

I don't blame Techland for doing what they did, they got their games working with the official nVidia driver and the official AMD fglrx driver. No offense to anyone but Mesa has been a rapidly moving target for the last couple of years and expecting Techland to chase Mesa on two older titles is a lot to expect.

Nevertheless, I'm jazzed that Gallium is working with Dead Island and, hopefully, Dying Light, those are two really great games with working Linux ports.

Comment

Is this games work on modern Intel graphics? Or some changes in driver is required too?

What about current state of Dying Light on radeonsi?

Comment

Yea what about fucking Dying Light?

Comment

Good to read. Cause I should have it. I played Dead Island back in the days on W32. I love zombies. Occasionally it was a little repetitive, but usually when it started to get on your nerves you would enter an new area with lots to discover.
                    I wish they had the Linux version of Dying Light on gog. It was a pain anyway to get the game (if you live in one most f. up contries in Europe...) so I was glad that I could at least have the DRM-free build for Windoze. I wasn't aware that there were problems getting games to run via free stack; https://www.gamingonlinux.com/wiki/Games_broken_on_Mesa is new to me, but definitely good to have a site like this; so you won't try to mess around in vain.
                    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                    X