Dead Island Should Now Work With The Gallium3D Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gukin View Post
    I don't blame Techland for doing what they did, they got their games working with the official nVidia driver and the official AMD fglrx driver.
    So by "working" you mean ~23 FPS at the lowest resolution and detail settings on a top of the line (at the time) Fury X?

Comment

I have bought the definitive edition on steam and am able to play it with Intel HD 630 but colors rendering have problem and it is not smooth. Using Mesa 17.3

Comment

I have bought the definitive edition on steam and am able to play it with Intel HD 630 but colors rendering have problem and it is not smooth. Using Mesa 17.3

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          I would not recommend anyone to buy games from Techland. Their Linux support is atrocious.
          Still better than most publishers, that have zero support.

Comment

Better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
              So by "working" you mean ~23 FPS at the lowest resolution and detail settings on a top of the line (at the time) Fury X?
              Well, that sounds like your setup is broken.
              I have pretty high quality on 1080p.
              And dying light also works great for me. Even on my r9-270 it was good.
              Don't forget that Fury X just had broken drivers for a long time, and that AMD was on it, but couldn't find the reason why for some people it was performing badly.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Still better than most publishers, that have zero support.
                I don't know about you, but I don't think we are in a position now to only pick rotten bones developers trow at us, just because Linux is a small market. A couple years ago I purchased a lot of games to "show support" to those who supported Linux. Now? Now I only select those with minimal quality standards. Techland have a well documented history of launching bugged games on Windows, managing to make even worse on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
                  Well, that sounds like your setup is broken.
                  I have pretty high quality on 1080p.
                  And dying light also works great for me. Even on my r9-270 it was good.
                  Don't forget that Fury X just had broken drivers for a long time, and that AMD was on it, but couldn't find the reason why for some people it was performing badly.
                  Sure it works fine now with the latest Mesa code. So long as you include the hacks in drirc.

Yeah never had any significant issues with any other game around the time, performance wise. And I was running Ubuntu 14.04 - because that's what the fglrx drivers supported. I still have the installation kicking around on an old SSD.

Comment

Nice to have the feature in mesa I guess, unfortunately the game is kinda crap (bought it for 10$ some time ago but spent almost no time in it).
                    It's basically a poor version of dying light, but without story (AFICT), worse graphics and bunch of bugs (even in 'definitive edition', which is all you can get - original game isn't even on steam anymore). In just about every regard it is inferior to dying light, only good thing about it is that it is dirt cheap on sale.

I would just recommend DL as an objectively _better_ game.
                    Okay subjectively but seriously, it's like comparing indie to AAA game, DI has it's charm but DL kills it in most aspects I can think of.
                    Last edited by Guest; 19 January 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X