Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Porter Feral Interactive Is Up To Around 72 Employees

Phoronix: Game Porter Feral Interactive Is Up To Around 72 Employees

For those curious about the financial aspect of porting games to Linux and macOS, Feral Interactive has published their 2017 fiscal year results...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If feral could strike a deal for PUBG on Linux, I'm sure that would give them a nice boost for 2018!

While Warhammer and F1 are nice games, their not overly popular games people play. I would suggest some Bethesda games but we all know that company has quite allot of animosity for linux.

Comment

Well, 10 developers, 12 managers, and 50 testers.

But, I appreciate their efforts. I would like to see 'Year of the Linux on desktop' happen!

Comment

As a windows user (I always say this when I comment to know what you are dealing with), I think feral do a good job.
        Obviously there is a penalty in performance comparing to windows versions, and that scares people away.

Dispite Linux have a ton of games already, they need really more AAA games, PUBG like they said, it would be an easy port, since UE4 allow for easily porting games like this.
        What linux needs is more people on it, but I think people usually gets overwhelmed but the ammount of distros available, even so, most of them are just small different changes than others, it's always difficult to decide for one distro.
        And then for AMD users, if we stick with a LTS version of ubuntu for example, the Mesa will stick the the same feature version for a long time.
        It would be great if there was more possibilities to update without going through terminals and risking having a conflict with X.org or whatever dependencies.
        I know there is Olaf and other repositories, but would be amazing to have an official way and direct way to keep drivers updated.

Like I said, I'm a windows User, I can't see myself using linux only, since I do a ton of benchmarking, and I love to squeezze each frame advantage in my build, also I play a lot of games that aren't available on Windows, but regarding other software that I would need, I think I would miss some video editing software that I have, and MSI Afterburner and Visual studio IDE if I needed to performance some development with it.
        Aside from that I could easily move on to linux.

Comment

I'm sure the decision making process into what they port is fairly complex. Popularity of the game, ease/cost of porting and what devs/publishers will give them access to in order to port etc. I'm sure they don't sit in a pub and say "PUBG is popular, let's port that" and consider the matter closed.

Comment

kaprikawn Possibly never happened before because it was an early access title, and since it's a game that it's activelly gettings updates overtime, makes it a tougher job for Feral.

Comment

Still waiting for the first release of Feral ported games on GOG.

Comment

Onwards to another successful year of porting!
                Good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post
                  Well, 10 developers, 12 managers, and 50 testers.

But, I appreciate their efforts. I would like to see 'Year of the Linux on desktop' happen!
                  That's not how business works. 1 developer, 71 managers and 0 testers.

Comment

Still waiting for Rise Of The Tomb Raider... Unfurtunately Feral seems to release many games well after people may have bought it on sale or for playing in Wine/Windows.

Comment

Working...
                    X