Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.15-rc5 Released Early For Torvalds' Christmas Festivities

Phoronix: Linux 4.15-rc5 Released Early For Torvalds' Christmas Festivities

As an early Christmas gift for those wanting to do some kernel testing this weekend, Linus Torvalds has done the release of Linux 4.15-rc5 a little bit early...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also if he still have the Nordic traditions then Christmas Eve is December 24.
    I guess it is because Santa loves us more so he comes a day early with all the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
      Also if he still have the Nordic traditions then Christmas Eve is December 24.
      I guess it is because Santa loves us more so he comes a day early with all the good stuff.
      Eh, it's not just Nordic traditions. Almost every culture celebrated holidays the night before and it's still a tradition is a lot of countries.

Comment

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        he ended up releasing 4.14-rc5 early due to Christmas Eve being the "big day" per European traditions and the day after for recovery. So now 4.14-rc5 is out there and overall he's happy with the relatively light code churn for the week.
        (BTW it says 3 comments but for some reason I can only see 2)
        Last edited by tildearrow; 24 December 2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

One of the comments was probably caught up in the moderation queue.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Typos:

(BTW it says 3 comments but for some reason I can only see 2)
            Thanks as always and merry christmas.

Sometimes vBulletin just gets confused with post counts.... There are no posts in the mod queue or the like.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Eh, it's not just Nordic traditions. Almost every culture celebrated holidays the night before and it's still a tradition is a lot of countries.
              It seems like there are some more countries according to wikipedia.
              Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Denmark, Estonia, the Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Quebec, Romania, Uruguay, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Czech Republic, Christmas presents are opened mostly on the evening of the 24th-
              But for me Christmas is more about the big feast with all the food, a Christmas dinner has a crazy lot of food enough for many weeks to come.

Comment

France and germany add up to almost 33% of EU's population.. Argentina & Brazil is a major part of South America. Christmas isn't a thing in Africa/asia. So that's basically the global rule.

Comment

I grew up in Brooklyn which is a country (the major one) on the same continent as the US and Canada. We always gave out the gifts about 10 or 11PM on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas Day we had our family dinner.
                  Last edited by Ronshere; 25 December 2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X