X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masush5
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

More likely it is that gnome is not compatible with Mesa. Or buggy configuration in the distro kernel. Use a custom kernel, Oibaf ppa Mesa dev and Xfce. My Ryzen 5 1600 & RX560 PC works rock solid, now for second day. I have played several hours Tomb Raider 2013 and Portal 2. Disable standby features from the kernel, turn you computer off when you are not using to make components last longer. A custom no debug kernel with ssd and Xfce boots ultra fast and shuts down immediately.

xfce@ryzen5pc:~$ systemd-analyze time
    Startup finished in 2.001s (kernel) + 907ms (userspace) = 2.909s
    No, setting gamma/color-temp is broken. Here is the patch which should fix it, but it hasn't made it into 4.15-rc1:

Leave a comment:

• storma
    replied
    Originally posted by predator7 View Post
    Do SI cards benefit from amdgpu.dc=1 now or will be in the future ?
    I have a SI 7870 in a myth/steam box and with initial usage I haven't noticed any adverse side effects with running 4.15-rc1 with amdgpu.dc=1.

Leave a comment:

• Masush5
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

A quick update on my end: Night Light in GNOME is currently not working and I experienced a freeze (had to reset computer) a few seconds after resuming from Standby.
    Yeah, setting gamma/color-temperature is broken for me as well.

Leave a comment:

• Masush5
    replied
    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed this (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103489) regression I reported a month ago, which causes my machine to lock-up 100% of the time when my 4k TV is enabled, made it into -rc1.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    RX480 here and 4.15-rc1 on Ubuntu 17.10 and Mesa 17.2.4 is running buttery smooth for me with the amdgpu.dc=1 setting. HDMI Audio working as well. I can't wait til FreeSync makes it in.
    A quick update on my end: Night Light in GNOME is currently not working and I experienced a freeze (had to reset computer) a few seconds after resuming from Standby.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    So I just tried the spin from Ubuntus mainline repository, and DP audio from my Fury to my MG279Q is still not working unless I resample everything to 48khz.

Leave a comment:

• programmerjake
    replied
    debianxfce I know the timers api was refactored in 4.15, that's likely the source of your problem. Here's the patch that did the refactoring (there may be others): https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10074919/

Leave a comment:

• predator7
    replied
    Do SI cards benefit from amdgpu.dc=1 now or will be in the future ?

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    RX480 here and 4.15-rc1 on Ubuntu 17.10 and Mesa 17.2.4 is running buttery smooth for me with the amdgpu.dc=1 setting. HDMI Audio working as well. I can't wait til FreeSync makes it in.

Leave a comment:

• czz0
    replied
    Just upgraded, performance in actual OpenGL applications seems to be fine, but I noticed I couldn't even move windows around smoothly. Apparently this broke vsync'd window management with compton (a compositor for WMs), especially the opengl-swc and opengl-mswc methods of vsync. The other methods of vsync took a huge performance hit and results in windows not being able to be moved smoothy, no problems on 4.14. I know early release candidates can be pretty buggy, I'll give it some more time and wait for rc2. Maybe some userspace packages need to be updated too.

Using an RX460 on Arch.
    Last edited by czz0; 26 November 2017, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X