Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Time 1.8 Rolls Out Some Improvements

Phoronix: GNU Time 1.8 Rolls Out Some Improvements

A new version of time is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...x=GNU-Time-1.8

21 years since the last version was released: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/i.../msg00002.html

​

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      21 years since the last version was released​
      Where has the time gone?

Comment

New release of time? I don't suppose they implemented the ability to pause, fast-forward and rewind? If I could pause time right now I'd get a little extra sleep...

Comment

/usr/bin/time is different from the bash built-in time. I'm not sure why the bash built-in exists.

From the man page: Users of the bash shell need to use an explicit path in order to run the external time command and not the shell builtin variant.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Where has the time gone?
            We spent it playing Duke Nukem Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyClowers View Post
              New release of time? I don't suppose they implemented the ability to pause, fast-forward and rewind?
              There were several moments when I was a kid and holding the VCR remote in my hand wishing it would work on life. I even had a wired "remote" control to our Betamax. Now I feel old

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                to supress information

Comment

Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
                  I'm not sure why the bash built-in exists.
                  The Bash builtin can deal with pipes, unlike the separate program with the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

There were several moments when I was a kid and holding the VCR remote in my hand wishing it would work on life. I even had a wired "remote" control to our Betamax. Now I feel old
                    Please don't do it.
                    Existence in paused universe would be very boooring - nothing happens - even thinking will be paused.

Also it could be quite dangerous. When you pause the universe - there is no way to unpause it from inside... Perhaps pause with countdown limit, but wait... countdown in paused universe where time stopped "ticking"?

Comment

Working...
                    X