Linux Kernel Gets An "Enforcement Statement" To Deal With Copyright Trolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Gets An "Enforcement Statement" To Deal With Copyright Trolls

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Gets An "Enforcement Statement" To Deal With Copyright Trolls

Greg Kroah-Hartman on the behalf of the Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board has today announced the Linux Kernel Community Enforcement Statement. This statement is designed to better fend off copyright trolls...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A person copywright trolling open-source projects is pure evil.

Comment

The entire statement is quite a nice read and also a "hats off" to all the developers.

Comment

What IF contributor is not willing to 'sign' it?

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          He can always work for crApple. Do you have some examples or you're just moaning?

Comment

Who's the mentioned troll in the netfilter camp?

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
              From the FAQ:

Q: I have another question, how do I ask it?

A: Email Greg or the TAB, and they will be glad to help answer them.

Comment

Ha!

They're taking things from GPL-3. Intelligent but still not perfect until they'll realize the best solution is going full on GPL-3.

I wonder what Linus thinks about it?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                  Ha!

They're taking things from GPL-3. Intelligent but still not perfect until they'll realize the best solution is going full on GPL-3.

he mainly cares about the technical aspects of GPL, not the moral ones. Or at least this is what he was telling some years ago. And he said that technically GPL-3 would be worse than GPL-2, because it makes it harder to have certain things open source. I think it was related to some patent stuff and/or embedded systems and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                    Ha!

Just because 3 is more than 2 doesn't necessarily mean the GPL-3 is better suited for it nor does the GPL-3 make a claim on being perfect. So we'll have to see what comes from all this. If the Linux kernel gets a renewed and refined license as a result then that's just the nature of progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X