Early Linux 4.14 Kernel Benchmarks Are Looking Promising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    No your more like disillusioned fanboy who believes what he's been told and not he sees.
    Heh, I'm just a humble apprentice if compared to you, I know I won't reach the perfection that natural talents can do.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      More like you went overboard with your statements and caused people to read it wrong.
      People? Who else besides you? My posts have had enough upvotes and/or constructive replies to show that those reading this thread have understood my intentions and tone. Meanwhile, you've got at least 3 people who are really getting tired of your pessimism, nit-picking, antagonism, and just overall presence. When was the last time you said anything helpful, meaningful, or interesting? When was the last time people sincerely appreciated something you said that wasn't sarcastic? When was the last time you instigated a disagreement with someone where something was accomplished at the end of it? How often have you not derailed a topic into something so petty?
      We are all trolling each other, I'm having fun tho.
      That's some pretty good sportsmanship. Most people put up a hissy-fit or ragequit when they take a loss after every move they make.
      Last edited by schmidtbag; 20 September 2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

FYI: that's how you reach wrong judgements, reading only the parts you want to read and assume the rest is subjective or anedoctal.
        I missed this post till just now. This right here is -THE- most hypocritical thing you've ever posted. How many times have you quoted a single sentence I posted out of context? Something like five or six dozen times at least.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          People? Who else besides you? My posts have had enough upvotes and/or constructive replies to show that those reading this thread have understood my intentions and tone.
          I'd still like to point out that a handfew of people is not "enough" to rule out that something might be read wrong.

Meanwhile, you've got at least 3 people who are really getting tired of your pessimism, nit-picking, antagonism, and just overall presence.
          Yeah, I've pissed off some people in this forum for other reasons (usually legit) and they showed up here, does this matter in the argument? no.

When was the last time you said anything helpful, meaningful, or interesting? When was the last time people sincerely appreciated something you said that wasn't sarcastic?
          more or less at the same time I posted here https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...761#post977761

When was the last time you instigated a disagreement with someone where something was accomplished at the end of it?
          Always, as my goals aren't impossible things like changing his mind.

How often have you not derailed a topic into something so petty?
          Not much, last time it was with you weeks ago.
          I did participate in topic derailings in the meantime, but I didn't start it.

Comment

How many times have you quoted a single sentence I posted out of context?
            Never.
            As I said countless times I just remove other parts of the post for the sake of keeping my post short, the part I quote is just a tl;dr of the point you were addressing.

Then whiny kids try to spin this around when they are losing an argument, but that's their own problem.

Comment

I'd still like to point out that a handfew of people is not "enough" to rule out that something might be read wrong.
              And you alone do not make up a handful of people on the opposing side. Nobody else has expressed confusion or disagreement. Therefore, as far as the data is concerned, you're more wrong than right.
              Yeah, I've pissed off some people in this forum for other reasons (usually legit) and they showed up here, does this matter in the argument? no.
              It does matter, because this is exactly why we're here right now. This shows that perhaps you should re-think the way you approach the way you respond to people. It shows that despite your reasoning, you lose all credibility when you jump to conclusions in an unnecessarily hostile way. No matter how right you could be, you accomplish nothing in the end. So - what's the point of your actions?
              more or less at the same time I posted here https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...761#post977761

Always, as my goals aren't impossible things like changing his mind.
              Great - why can't you do posts like that more often? Meanwhile on the same page you did this:

This is another one of those scenarios where you aren't wrong, but you may as well be. Note how nobody upvoted that comment, but they did upvote the one you linked to. Once people feel like they're being attacked, they will disagree regardless of how wrong they really are. Being right doesn't matter if nobody is willing to accept it. If you are aware of this, you couldn't be arguing with people because of your ego, because it would have deflated by now due to how many losses you take. If you argue with people strictly because you enjoy it, I think you're just telling yourself that because you otherwise can't justify your actions when everyone else stands against you. Regardless, all that does is make you an asshole - not really something to be proud of.

If it was really as impossible to change one's mind as you think, society wouldn't have progressed to the point where we are here right now. The progression of science requires people to accept changes and mistakes. Most people would believe the world is flat. Bloodletting and dying of sepsis would still be a thing. There would be a lot more urban myths than there are now. Slavery wouldn't have been abolished in 1st world countries. As much as you may release anger by venting how much you disagree with someone, it feels a whole lot better when you convince someone you're right. I would know, because I've done it.
              I did participate in topic derailings in the meantime, but I didn't start it.
              What's your definition of starting it? Do you have proof that derailed topics (where you are involved) were not derailed because of you?

Comment

Never.
                As I said countless times I just remove other parts of the post for the sake of keeping my post short, the part I quote is just a tl;dr of the point you were addressing.

Then whiny kids try to spin this around when they are losing an argument, but that's their own problem.
                Like I said, Hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  And you alone do not make up a handful of people on the opposing side. Nobody else has expressed confusion or disagreement. Therefore, as far as the data is concerned, you're more wrong than right.
                  No, data is not sufficient to make a judgement.

It does matter, because this is exactly why we're here right now. This shows that perhaps you should re-think the way you approach the way you respond to people. It shows that despite your reasoning, you lose all credibility when you jump to conclusions in an unnecessarily hostile way. No matter how right you could be, you accomplish nothing in the end. So - what's the point of your actions?
                  Already said to you in a past discussion, I do it for fun.

Great - why can't you do posts like that more often?
                  Because I don't get more opportunity to do so. I just posted some informative post as answer of your own posts about thermal sensors, for example.

This is another one of those scenarios where you aren't wrong, but you may as well be.
                  As stated in the other discussion cited above, sometimes the goal is just shutting people up.

Once people feel like they're being attacked, they will disagree regardless of how wrong they really are.
                  Changing the minds of people is a process that requires significant effort, I'm not here to change people's minds, I like to post informative answers and to troll people posting bullshit.

If you argue with people strictly because you enjoy it, I think you're just telling yourself that because you otherwise can't justify your actions when everyone else stands against you. Regardless, all that does is make you an asshole - not really something to be proud of.
                  If it was really as impossible to change one's mind as you think, society wouldn't have progressed to the point where we are here right now.
                  People die. That's the main source of cultural progression. People with older mindsets eventually die and are replaced by the next generation that didn't copy-paste the same mindset as their parents. Ideas change, people does not.

Then sure there is some variation of people that changes his mind but it's not anywhere near enough to matter in big numbers like a nation's culture.

I stated in the other discussion cited above that I think changing someone's mind is often VERY expensive in time and effort, requiring long interactions. Which isn't "impossible", but in most cases not practical.

There would be a lot more urban myths than there are now.
                  There are a fuckton, probably you didn't see them, but if you go on facebook or twitter or tumblr or other places where low-intelligence people dwell you'd be scared as fuck by the amount of myths and nonsense generated.

Slavery wouldn't have been abolished in 1st world countries.
                  "Slavery" was "abolished" due to purely economical reasons, it's cheaper to just hire people and pay them shit and replace them if they have issues instead than owning the workforce like with slaves.
                  The blabla justifying human exploitation became "the free market" instead of "black people are inferior", and the rest changed well after that (unions and stuff).

What's your definition of starting it?
                  Posting bullshit repeatedly in a topic, usually also being already engaged by others.
                  Do you have proof that derailed topics (where you are involved) were not derailed because of you?
                  Other times I wasn't involved others kept engaging the one starting it anyway.

Comment

Like I said, Hypocrite.
                    Like I said, whiny kid.

Comment

No, data is not sufficient to make a judgement.
                      You're the one who first used the word "people", implying more than just you who felt the same way. There is not sufficient data to have used such a word. There are more people who favor my side. Therefore, you are wrong.
                      Already said to you in a past discussion, I do it for fun.
                      Right, and as I elaborated later, I think you're just telling yourself that, because you're too invested in this to think otherwise.
                      Because I don't get more opportunity to do so. I just posted some informative post as answer of your own posts about thermal sensors, for example.
                      There are plenty of opportunities. Also, why post something informative? If arguing is as fun as you claim, how is being compliant and useful any fun to you? I don't take you as the altruistic type, considering your definition of fun.
                      As stated in the other discussion cited above, sometimes the goal is just shutting people up.
                      Yeah well you screwed up big time there. You're roughly 4 total pages deep in this. This isn't the first time this happened, and you know damn well I don't back down easily.
                      Changing the minds of people is a process that requires significant effort
                      Actually it's not that hard, just try not being a presumptuous asshole for once.
                      People die. That's the main source of cultural progression. People with older mindsets eventually die and are replaced by the next generation that didn't copy-paste the same mindset as their parents. Ideas change, people does not.

Then sure there is some variation of people that changes his mind but it's not anywhere near enough to matter in big numbers like a nation's culture.
                      Except, in each of those situations I mentioned, people were still alive when they changed their minds. Sure, there was a lot of death involved, but the deaths caused those who were living to realize something needed to change. In case you're not aware, biological evolution and natural selection doesn't occur via death, it occurs from those who survive.
                      I stated in the other discussion cited above that I think changing someone's mind is often VERY expensive in time and effort, requiring long interactions. Which isn't "impossible", but in most cases not practical.
                      And look at you now - having a long interaction with me, failing miserably at shutting me up or proving any value/truth in any of your points. So no matter what your goal is or could have been, you have failed.
                      There are a fuckton, probably you didn't see them, but if you go on facebook or twitter or tumblr or other places where low-intelligence people dwell you'd be scared as fuck by the amount of myths and nonsense generated.
                      Oh I'm very well aware, but there have also been likely thousands that have been disproven and are either no longer in use or are on the decline. The point is, there are things people once believed and have been convinced to think otherwise.
                      "Slavery" was "abolished" due to purely economical reasons, it's cheaper to just hire people and pay them shit and replace them if they have issues instead than owning the workforce like with slaves.
                      Uh... no? Slavery was abolished because it was extremely unethical. It was actually very profitable, especially if your slaves had kids. And regardless of what the reason is, that doesn't change my point. There are plenty of things most countries do that are extremely cost-ineffective and there hasn't been [enough] incentive to change them. But in other cases, people's minds can and have changed due to less greedy reasons.
                      Posting bullshit repeatedly in a topic, usually also being already engaged by others.
                      No, that's not starting it. If nobody responds, it's just a wasted post. If several people start responding, then it is derailed. That being said, you are still usually to blame for a derailed thread that you are involved in.
                      Last edited by schmidtbag; 20 September 2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X