Early Linux 4.14 Kernel Benchmarks Are Looking Promising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Yup sounds about right. Glad we cleared that up.
    FYI: that's how you reach wrong judgements, reading only the parts you want to read and assume the rest is subjective or anedoctal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      With AMD CPUs is PCID supported starting with family 0x15 model 0x30+, meaning, Steamroller, Kaveri, etc. and including Ryzen of course, but excluding Bulldozer and Piledriver (aka the FX 4xxx, FX 6xxx, FX 8xxx and FX 9xxx series).
      AMD fam15h (i.e. bulldozer and descendants) and fam17h (zen) processors at least have the PCID support bit hardwired to zero. bulldozer has invpcid, which is different.
      So for now PCID seems to be an Intel-only feature.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
        AMD fam15h (i.e. bulldozer and descendants) and fam17h (zen) processors at least have the PCID support bit hardwired to zero. bulldozer has invpcid, which is different.
        So for now PCID seems to be an Intel-only feature.
        Interesting, and thanks for the correction. I had only checked the docs on the existence of the feature bit flag, which started showing up with family 0x15 model 0x30+. I assumed it got implemented together with the PCID feature itself, but not that only the bit got implemented and set to zero.
        Last edited by sdack; 20 September 2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          FYI: that's how you reach wrong judgements, reading only the parts you want to read and assume the rest is subjective or anedoctal.
          Clearly you're the expert on shit posting.

schmidtbag, he got you there. Can't mess with the master!

Comment

Clearly you're the expert on shit posting.
            One more good reason to not post bullshit yourself, I'm far better than you at that game.

Comment

One more good reason to not post bullshit yourself, I'm far better than you at that game.
              Oh, you're not only better than me! You're better than everybody. You sure can be proud of yourself and I bet you are.

Comment

Oh, you're not only better than me! You're better than everybody. You sure can be proud of yourself and I bet you are.
                No, there is GhostOfFunk, debianxfce, duby229, and probably someone else I'm forgetting too. They are natural-born talents. Mine is just an aquired skill.

Comment

How ironic, that's exactly how this whole petty argument happened in the first place - you made an assumption based on what you wanted to hear.

Take your own advice. Also, you should realize you're now the one being trolled.

Comment

No, there is GhostOfFunk, debianxfce, duby229, and probably someone else I'm forgetting too. They are natural-born talents. Mine is just an aquired skill.
                    No your more like disillusioned fanboy who believes what he's been told and not he sees.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      How ironic, that's exactly how this whole petty argument happened in the first place - you made an assumption based on what you wanted to hear.
                      More like you went overboard with your statements and caused people to read it wrong.

Also, you should realize you're now the one being trolled.
                      We are all trolling each other, I'm having fun tho.
                      Last edited by starshipeleven; 20 September 2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X