Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.13-rc1 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.13-rc1 Kernel Released

Linus Torvalds has announced the end of the Linux 4.13 kernel merge window one day early and with that 4.13-rc1 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does 4.13 enable multiqueue block layer (blk-mq) by default?

Code:
    Linux ubuntu 4.13.0-041300rc1-generic #201707151931 SMP Sat Jul 15 23:32:39 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    $ cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
    [none]

Comment

Great job by Linus. My compliments.

Comment

anyone pls recommend a guide for installing custom kernel? im using gentoo based calculate with open RC.
        configuring and buildnig with relevant drivers is fine, its booting thats problematic

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
          anyone pls recommend a guide for installing custom kernel? im using gentoo based calculate with open RC.
          configuring and buildnig with relevant drivers is fine, its booting thats problematic
          Possibly more relevant:

The gentoo wiki:

Personally, I just use the kernel's make tools.
          You said that booting was the problem, so I'm going to assume you either have a messed up initramfs or grub config though.

Comment

Working...
          X