New Audio Hardware Supported By The Linux 4.13 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    I know about this workarounds and this is what I have to use in case of Irbis NB41 (laptop with ES8316) however for <10 inch tablet like Dell 5855 this is still not an option.
    Is bluetooth not working too? Because there is nothing wrong with having bluetooth headsets with a tablet.

Comment

Still no fix for the Sound Blaster Z jack mapping issues. Don't get me wrong, Iwai is doing the best with what he has. It's just, it's a soundcard that has most of its advertised features implemented in an ASIC. Any trade secrets or confidential proprietary code are concretely isolated from the driver. There's no damn reason for Creative to be so secretive about it. After the emu10k1 was so well supported, this is a slap in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Is bluetooth not working too? Because there is nothing wrong with having bluetooth headsets with a tablet.
        Item two here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...482#post961482

Comment

Nice to hear the Atom SST driver landed in mainline.

However, I don't get why it's so hilariously overcomplex? It seems to have like a bazillion knobs in alsamixer, and I have no clue what any of those do. And one needs to use scripts that do a bunch of manipulation of those through amixer to just switch from headphones to speakers, rather than simply being able to do so via pavucontrol. Same for making the microphone work, seemingly.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Nice to hear the Atom SST driver landed in mainline.

However, I don't get why it's so hilariously overcomplex? It seems to have like a bazillion knobs in alsamixer, and I have no clue what any of those do. And one needs to use scripts that do a bunch of manipulation of those through amixer to just switch from headphones to speakers, rather than simply being able to do so via pavucontrol. Same for making the microphone work, seemingly.
            What is you audio adapter? (dmesg | grep snd)

Comment

What is you audio adapter? (dmesg | grep snd)
              snd_soc_sst_bytcr_rt5640.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post

snd_soc_sst_bytcr_rt5640.
                Deploy UCM instead of scripts: https://github.com/plbossart/UCM/tree/master/byt-rt5640

Comment

Already figured that out. But it doesn't change the fact that all those registers are right there in alsamixer, nor the fact that messing with some of them may cause the device to spontaneously combust...

Comment

yeah, well, some days I need to get the logic analyzer hooked up to my MacBook's logic board and debug why the optical audio input does not work on Linux: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWcIGFSIsw&t=5s

Comment

Working...
                    X