Razer Sabertooth & Mad Catz Brawlstick Support In Linux 4.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    Isn't there is ps1gamepad->usb adapters?
    There sure are. I started playing Resident Evil HD Remastered under Wine recently, and I tried the Steam controller, Xbox 360 controller (both wired and wireless), PS3 controller, a 3rd-party PS3 controller... and finally a PS2 controller via a USB adapter. Presumably in part due to Wine limitations, the PS2 controller was the only one that worked correctly.

Note: The PS2 and PS1 use the same interface, although I no longer have a PS1.
    Last edited by boltronics; 14 May 2017, 11:14 PM. Reason: Added a note about PS1/2 compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post

There sure are. I started playing Resident Evil HD Remastered under Wine recently, and I tried the Steam controller, Xbox 360 controller (both wired and wireless), PS3 controller, a 3rd-party PS3 controller... and finally a PS2 controller via a USB adapter. Presumably in part due to Wine limitations, the PS2 controller was the only one that worked correctly.

Note: The PS2 and PS1 use the same interface, although I no longer have a PS1.
      Did you try those gamepads with native games? I imagine wine API is a wrapper around evdev, so the problem might be higher the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
        Did you try those gamepads with native games? I imagine wine API is a wrapper around evdev, so the problem might be higher the stack.
        I can confirm there are issues with Wine, or at least there were (I haven't tried a controller with the last few releases). When Proton was introduced, many controller issues were magically fixed, whereas with pure Wine the controllers wouldn't work correctly. I assume Proton is using Steam to intercept the gamepad and the games are connecting via Steam's API or some such, so it doesn't go through Wine. Either that, or they added patches to Proton to fix gamepad support somehow.

Comment

Working...
        X