Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Is Working On Interrupt-Aware Scheduler For Linux

Phoronix: Oracle Is Working On Interrupt-Aware Scheduler For Linux

Rohit Jain of Oracle's Linux kernel team is working on an interrupt aware scheduler, which should improve performance for workloads with interrupt activity...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

which kernel will implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      Right now it's only in unreviewed patch form so it's impossible to tell if/when it will land, but given the 4.12 merge window right now, the next it could possibly land would be Linux 4.13 if it's reviewed positively by upstream maintainers.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

*tongue in cheek* Wait - Hold up - Wait a minute - hang on here - Oracle doing something good!? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          Likely 4.13. On the ML thread it was advised to rather work with the EAS peoples to reuse those code paths, so the patches will likely need another revision.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
            *tongue in cheek* Wait - Hold up - Wait a minute - hang on here - Oracle doing something good!? :P
            Why not? To me they seem OSS-friendly. They have some FOSS projects, and what's important to me, they're using FOSS software (Pidgin) for in-company communication.
            Last edited by Hi-Angel; 13 May 2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
              Why not? To me they seem OSS-friendly. They have some FOSS projects, and what's important to me, they're using FOSS software (Pidgin) for in-company communication.
              You made my day. Oracle is anti FLOSS company. However, solaris is dead so they have to support Linux better.

Comment

MySQL would disagree. Off the top of my head, so would OpenOffice and Jenkins.

Comment

Oracle is interested in FOSS if it can be used to drive sales or development value into existing revenue generating products.

Comment

You notice I was pulling the piss, right!?

Oracle are a typical profits driven company. If they can get some sort of competitive advantage, they will.

They also have a bunch of open source projects that they are doing weird things with (mysql, java et al)

Comment

Working...
                    X