Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE/Qt-Focused Latte Dock Released

Phoronix: KDE/Qt-Focused Latte Dock Released

For those interested in a fancy dock for your desktop if trying to make it look perhaps more like macOS, the developers behind Now Dock and Candil Dock have joined forces to create a new dock solution called Latte Dock. Today marks the first release of this Qt/KDE-focused Latte Dock offering...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

that seems to be quite a capable dock. nice!

Comment

I'm still using Cairo Dock.

Comment

Wow!

I am impressed!

In the first few minutes i was like: "Oke, another dock.. So.." But once the video is passed the basic features t shows off some really nifty features!
        You can basically mimic Plasma, Gnome/Unity and macOS (old style and new style) with this one dock! And that's just the "mimicking" part. It's really flexible.

It's not often you see projects pop up that are this thought out, flexible and well integrated. Nice job!
        The open source world needs more projects like these!

Comment

Can I still use this if I vote republican, don't have a goatee, and never visit Starbucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
            Can I still use this if I vote republican, don't have a goatee, and never visit Starbucks?
            Sort of.....if you wear a bandana (or any colorful headband), drive a '67 Series IIa LandRover daily and only bathe on Saturdays, then yeah, it's okay.

Comment

I really think plasma should have done something like that for version5. It seems so much less buggy than basic plasma panels... Just try to make a plasma panel that auto-resize, I alway see icon clipping or the panel get stuck showing or not showing... or try to center a clock on the center of a panel, just try. It wont.

Could kde dev work with this guy to make plasma better?

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
                I really think plasma should have done something like that for version5. It seems so much less buggy than basic plasma panels... Just try to make a plasma panel that auto-resize, I alway see icon clipping or the panel get stuck showing or not showing... or try to center a clock on the center of a panel, just try. It wont.

Could kde dev work with this guy to make plasma better?
                Have you filed a bug report for that behaviour?

Comment

Ok, I watched the whole video and... this guy is good.
                  And since I like to tinker, I'm going to try Latte next (let's see if it works with Kubuntu or it requires newer stuff).

Edit: That was quick: it (says it) installs, but it's nowhere to be found. I'm not even sure whether it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong.
                  Last edited by bug77; 04 April 2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

bug77 - You have to actually run (/usr/bin/latte-dock) it or you can add it as a plasmoid to an existing panel (which doesn't really work all that well right now).

Comment

Working...
                    X