EXT4 Patch For Statx Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ldo17 View Post

What is so hard about turning on logging? I regularly run logging on my own server apps. The number of problems that has helped me solve over the years, means that anybody who tries to question the usefulness of it is just ... out of touch.
    We were trying to do diagnostics on a customer's server, which we don't control/own. They get to determine their own log rotation and retention schedule. This has led in the past to full filesystems and production downtime due to full filesystems.

The current logging level we've got turned on there already generates 1.5gb of log data per day. We were eventually able to determine the cause of the downtime by looking at those logs, but it took a lot of effort that could easily have been avoided by just having a created timestamp on the temp file that was being used to hold an out of control report.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

... it took a lot of effort that could easily have been avoided by just having a created timestamp on the temp file that was being used to hold an out of control report.
      You mean the st_ctim field that Linux already supports?

Comment

Working...
      X