A New /dev/random Is Still Being Worked On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    vbullettin is on a spree, I got blocked too (post above this)
    > vbullettin is on a spree, I got blocked too (post above this)

if this happens, quote the yellow post to get the text back.

Then, create a one sentence post and post, edit the post and past your post to bypass the moderation approval.

If your post is totally gone it could be a DNS issue, switch to Google DNS instead of default ISP DNS.

vbulletin is trash. Its the DMV of forum software imo.

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
      No replies on the kernel mailing list. Interesting. Frankly I always love people who think they can create randomness out of thin air. Oooh... wait a minute... air... air is pretty random. Hmmm....
      The problem with modern RNG's is that they're in a controlled environment. Its hard to find quality entropy in a tightly controlled environment. A better implementation would be some external device that requires user input/interaction. That wouldn't work for the lowest common denominator masses, but for those who value quality entropy, it's a must.

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      vbulletin is trash. Its the Obamacare of forum software imo.
      fixed :0

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
        A better implementation would be some external device that requires user input/interaction. That wouldn't work for the lowest common denominator masses, but for those who value quality entropy, it's a must.
        How about the ChaosKey? The design's open hardware, too.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          Its hard to find quality entropy in a tightly controlled environment.
          There is no shortage of entropy in any environment. *Cough* quantum uncertainty *cough*

The problem is guaranteeing that your mechanism for making use of it cannot be (accidentally or deliberately) subverted.

Comment

Working...
          X