Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    How do you think that's related?
    Consider that he thinks that DHCP server output in his router log (same mac so same machine) is a proof that someone is hacking his internet, the answer might be also unrelated.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      i'm pretty sure your system is already unusable and you deserve it
      Nice try Poettering.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Does it have stub resolver on? It was pretty badly behaving before 233 but some distros turned it on regardless. You can basically spot it by checking /etc/resolv.conf and seeing if systemd-resolved is listening on that IP
        I don't know. I use Ubuntu 17.04 "zesty" (daily).

Code:
        # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
        #     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
        # 127.0.0.53 is the systemd-resolved stub resolver.
        # run "systemd-resolve --status" to see details about the actual nameservers.

nameserver 127.0.0.53

Comment

Originally posted by Gapil301 View Post
          Nice try Poettering.
          lol, you didn't realize it's a compliment

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            systemd is pretty broken for me in Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty"
            you mean ubuntu 17.04 is pretty broken for you. that is its usual state

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
              systemD
              it doesn't have capital letters

Comment

lol, you didn't realize it's a compliment
                Maybe if you have a fetish of being called a bad programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gapil301 View Post
                  Maybe if you have a fetish of being called a bad programmer.
                  maybe you have a fetish of calling me good programmer

Comment

it doesn't have capital letters
                    Sorry, my bad.

Comment

I saw a video of Poettering talking about some stuff. He seemed a bit arrogant and elitist. I'm not proficient enough to judge the quality of his software; for me it seems to work ok on Fedora, but i can imagine that many people are just automatically put off by his attitude, but that they fail to separate his attitude from his software, and they suffer from this bias when judging his software. This will affect even those proficient enough to judge his software, so that you will get very thorough breakdowns of why his software is technically "bad". But the thing is, that those people are likely still suffering from their bias towards his attitude in their review.

"The proof is in the pudding", as they say (what they heck does that even mean)? If his software is being adopted and consistently used by distros and individuals, and if it works well enough at what it does without someone shouting out that "hey! feature X worked before Poettering, and X was indispensible", then it must be considered a step in the right direction: advancement. If someone else had any thing better, then it would be overtaking systemd/pulseaudio etc.

However, in my uninformed opinion, it seems like he works his software like a dictatorship, and that's never good for development, and probably a contributing factor to all the animosity. It would be good for systemd if he lightened up on this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X