Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtek ALC299/ALC1220 Support, Intel Audio Updates In Linux 4.11

Phoronix: Realtek ALC299/ALC1220 Support, Intel Audio Updates In Linux 4.11

Takashi Iwai has submitted the sound subsystem updates for the Linux 4.11 kernel with most of that work happening in the audio driver space...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aww geez I didn't realize this support was not already in place. A bunch of Ryzen motherboards use these chips, too. Fortunately I have other sound devices and don't need onboard though.

I mean, I usually compile kernels for myself anyway but it can be annoying switching to a new kernel too soon because then it'll break compatibility with stuff like ZFS, Virtualbox, VMWare etc.

And Fedora 26 is aiming for 4.10 so come November that release may not even have working audio out of the box on these motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post

And Fedora 26 is aiming for 4.10 so come November that release may not even have working audio out of the box on these motherboards.
      No, it's aiming for 4.11. Will have an article about it shortly, it was reiterated just the other day.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No, it's aiming for 4.11. Will have an article about it shortly, it was reiterated just the other day.
        Oh, ok, thanks for the update. Well, that's decent news then.

Comment

what about alc888?

Comment

Yeah I was also going to comment on the Ryzen motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
              I mean, I usually compile kernels for myself anyway but it can be annoying switching to a new kernel too soon because then it'll break compatibility with stuff like ZFS, Virtualbox, VMWare etc.
              you could stop compiling kernels and stop using proprietary shit to greatly increase your productivity

Comment

What's new in Realtek ALC1220?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  what about alc888?
                  Quite ancient, it has been supported for about 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Quite ancient, it has been supported for about 10 years now.
                    thanks for reply. what about creative xtreme gamer fatal1ty on 64bit linux operating systems?

Comment

Working...
                    X