Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Big Networking Update For Linux 4.11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Big Networking Update For Linux 4.11

    Phoronix: A Big Networking Update For Linux 4.11

    David Miller has mailed out the rather big set of updates to the networking subsystem for the Linux 4.11 kernel...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....11-Networking

  • #2
    Seems like the website server should uprade to linux 4.11.
    Still no ALX WOL support back. waiting for ages.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
      Seems like the website server should uprade to linux 4.11.
      Still no ALX WOL support back. waiting for ages.
      My laptops ethernet NIC uses the ALX driver and I can't get link state to switch to up when plugging in a cable that works on another machine with the same router. Spent several days trying to debug it but seems Windows drivers might have messed with it and that I can possibly fix it by reinstalling windows and turning off features like WOL or whatever the drivers did there to disable my NIC leaving D3 state. There is a macOS driver on github someone did and let me know how they fixed it but I'd have no idea how to implement it on the linux driver or who to forward it to :/

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad to see the AQC108 driver has been added. I'm planning on purchasing the ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming AM4 AMD X370 motherboard (for Ryzen) once it ships. It is the first that I know of to use this chipset.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by polarathene View Post

          My laptops ethernet NIC uses the ALX driver and I can't get link state to switch to up when plugging in a cable that works on another machine with the same router. Spent several days trying to debug it but seems Windows drivers might have messed with it and that I can possibly fix it by reinstalling windows and turning off features like WOL or whatever the drivers did there to disable my NIC leaving D3 state. There is a macOS driver on github someone did and let me know how they fixed it but I'd have no idea how to implement it on the linux driver or who to forward it to :/
          Yep the ALX driver is a nightmare. There is a patch to get WOL for ALX but i dont think it will help your case. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=61651

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

            Yep the ALX driver is a nightmare. There is a patch to get WOL for ALX but i dont think it will help your case. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=61651
            I'm going to guess not, I'm also not experienced with patching/building kernels(no idea how long the process takes). Always seemed intimidating to me ha. I guess I'll signup to the bugzilla and link them to the github macOS driver repo someones maintaining, hopefully it'll get the problem fixed, though the comments/activity in that linked issue doesn't give much hope.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by maffblaster View Post
              Glad to see the AQC108 driver has been added. I'm planning on purchasing the ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming AM4 AMD X370 motherboard (for Ryzen) once it ships. It is the first that I know of to use this chipset.
              Did you go through with your purchase? How good does the network adapter and the mainboard as a whole work under Linux?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gerii View Post

                Did you go through with your purchase? How good does the network adapter and the mainboard as a whole work under Linux?
                I too bought that board, and I will be testing it (network/GPU passthrough) with torvalds.git when I get it next week.

                Comment

                Working...
                X