BUS1 Didn't Land This Year, But It's Making Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    it is not just another ipc. it is bus1. you could read its docs if you want to know difference
    It is IPC? Yes. Are there other IPCs already in the kernel? Yes. => just another ipc.
    It is basically a binder with multicast and message ordering (but who really needs them?)

Comment

Originally posted by Stellarwind View Post
      It is IPC? Yes. Are there other IPCs already in the kernel? Yes. => just another ipc.
      where does your "just" come from? it is ipc which has no analogs. one of a kind ipc in other words
      Originally posted by Stellarwind View Post
      It is basically a binder with multicast and message ordering (but who really needs them?)
      lol. who really needs computers?
      Last edited by pal666; 28 December 2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post

Again that is completely wrong. At no point did Linus T. nor anybody else claim that kdbus was slow. What Linus T. pointed out that was that user space dbus daemon was slow because it was inefficiently optimized. And unoptimized user space code is no reason for moving code to kernel space (see the old TUX discussion on LKML for that).

Again, at no point did Linus claim kdbus was slow and consequently never NACKed kdbus for not being fast enough, in fact in the quoted post he explicitly says he expect to merge kdbus into the mainline Linux kernel tree if asked.

I read it again and you are right. I read that wrong.
        Linux said dbus is slow because it was written badly, thus the argument kdbus is faster is like saying my ferrari (kdbus) is faster than your Trabbi (dbus). Anything is faster than the Trabbi. Thus the pro-kdbus argument is faster wath bogus to him.

Comment

There is something new on the BUS1 or DBUS front:

Linux D-Bus Message Broker. Contribute to bus1/dbus-broker development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
          X