Linux 4.10-rc1 Gained 488k Lines, Kernel Up 1.9+ Million Lines For 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.10-rc1 Gained 488k Lines, Kernel Up 1.9+ Million Lines For 2016

Phoronix: Linux 4.10-rc1 Gained 488k Lines, Kernel Up 1.9+ Million Lines For 2016

Hitting the end of the year as well as yesterday's Linux 4.10-rc1 kernel marking the end of the merge window, here is a look at some kernel development statistics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone know how much the SUSE / Canonical guys contribute to the kernel (in comparison to RH)?

I guess the SUSE guys mostly use @novell.com, maybe some @suse.com too. Canonical with @canonical.com.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
      Does anyone know how much the SUSE / Canonical guys contribute to the kernel (in comparison to RH)?

I guess the SUSE guys mostly use @novell.com, maybe some @suse.com too. Canonical with @canonical.com.
      SUSE 3%... but who cares, for many years None/Unknown was the first and another some company the first... Say Intel and RH together are about 20% and None/Unknown is probably the similar, depends when you check out stats

The Linux kernel community came close this year to setting a new record for the number of changes merged in a single release, according to the latest Linux Kernel Development report released today by The Linux Foundation. Kernel version 4.6 saw an astounding 13,517 patches merged in 63 days — just shy of the record …

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post

If you look at the stats i uploaded and linked to from that article, you'll see suse.de is actually the 7th most active domain for Git commits to the Linux kernel. Canonical doesn't make the top 10 and is far down on the list/
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

5e+06 and 1e+07? What is that in the left side of the graph? I suppose the graph is suppose to translate to something that is more human-readable, such as 10M (million) and 12,500K (thousand).

What about 2f+05? What would that represent?

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
            5e+06 and 1e+07? What is that in the left side of the graph? I suppose the graph is suppose to translate to something that is more human-readable, such as 10M (million) and 12,500K (thousand).

What about 2f+05? What would that represent?
            That's E notation. As an example, 5e+06 is 5*(10^6), which is 5000000.

Also, possible typo, but seems to be an ancient word:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            we're likely noit to exceed

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If you look at the stats i uploaded and linked to from that article, you'll see suse.de is actually the 7th most active domain for Git commits to the Linux kernel. Canonical doesn't make the top 10 and is far down on the list/
              Your stats seem to include merge commits which mean they're mostly useless when trying to figure out who is doing the actual development.

Comment

Consider this comment a bug report :-/ Those axis values are rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  Well the entire thing could be prettier but it's far from rubbish. It's just scientific notation. I could read it after a few seconds of confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                    This isn't my graphing code, that's gnuplot with gitstats.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X