Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs File-System Changes Submitted For Linux 4.10

Phoronix: Btrfs File-System Changes Submitted For Linux 4.10

Adding to the list of changes so far for Linux 4.10 are the Btrfs file-system updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No DAX updates is also a bit disappointing. All of my filesystems being BTRFS makes the lack of updates a bit concerning.

Comment

What's the situation with BTRFS swapfiles? I heard Ubuntu was switching to no-swap partitions, this could effect a lot of potential users of btrfs.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
        Btrfs changes in Linux 4.10 aren't as exciting as some would have hoped for, including I.
        Did you mean "including myself"? I'm assuming this is just a typo, or something got cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          What's the situation with BTRFS swapfiles? I heard Ubuntu was switching to no-swap partitions, this could effect a lot of potential users of btrfs.
          Well I believe this is just the default functionality. Not supporting swap partitions for manual configurations (e.g. using btrfs) is just bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
            Did you mean "including myself"? I'm assuming this is just a typo, or something got cut off.
            If I remember back to English class (many years and many beers ago), Michael is correct. It's like saying, "aren't as exciting as (I) would have hoped for."

Comment

What's the situation with BTRFS swapfiles?
              they are not needed
              I heard Ubuntu was switching to no-swap partitions, this could effect a lot of potential users of btrfs.
              ubuntu was changing default on non-lvm setups. presumably non-lvm is non-lvm and non-btrfs

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

If I remember back to English class (many years and many beers ago), Michael is correct. It's like saying, "aren't as exciting as (I) would have hoped for."
                English is my native language, and even I find it strange to end a sentence like this with "including I". Writing it as "including myself" would have been more natural, although it's still a bit strange because the last part is out of place. You would normally find someone write or speak it like this:

The Btrfs changes in Linux 4.10 aren't as exciting as some people, including myself, would have hoped for.
                Although it'd be perfectly acceptable to shorten the sentence to remove the extra fluff and just leave out the "including myself" part.

Comment

why none of the bigs sponsoring bcache-fs rather than facebook-fs?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                    why none of the bigs sponsoring bcache-fs rather than facebook-fs?
                    probably because they know the complexity of the task.

Comment

Working...
                    X