Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coreboot Lands More RISC-V / lowRISC Code

Phoronix: Coreboot Lands More RISC-V / lowRISC Code

As some early post-Coreboot 4.5 changes are some work to benefit fans of the RISC-V ISA...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very promising, I wonder how long until consumer electronics are shipping RISC-V in the tens of millions of cores per month.

Comment

Does LLVM support RISC-V?
      There is a GCC version with RISC-V support, but will it be mainlined?

Comment

Interesting, but was there any reason why Plan 9 was chosen instead of another OS? I am just curious... This isn't a very common choice.

microcode, I would very much like to see that happening, although I hope vendors won't integrate backdoors/security holes in it... I wish it was GPL-licensed.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Does LLVM support RISC-V?
          There is a GCC version with RISC-V support, but will it be mainlined?
          yes yes

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
            Interesting, but was there any reason why Plan 9 was chosen instead of another OS? I am just curious... This isn't a very common choice.
            Ron Minnich is founder of coreboot (before LinuxBIOS) and involved in Plan9 (and now Harvey) for decades. He is now working on risc-v coreboot port and risc-v Harvey port, so trying to boot Plan9 kernel with coreboot on risc-v seems very natural.

Comment

Originally posted by andresdju View Post

Ron Minnich is founder of coreboot (before LinuxBIOS) and involved in Plan9 (and now Harvey) for decades. He is now working on risc-v coreboot port and risc-v Harvey port, so trying to boot Plan9 kernel with coreboot on risc-v seems very natural.
              Thanks for the explanation This seems very natural indeed.

Comment

Work with what you know, ay.
                Hi

Comment

Working...
                X