Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coreboot 4.5 Officially Released

Phoronix: Coreboot 4.5 Officially Released

Coreboot 4.5 is now available as the latest version of this open-source BIOS/firmware implementation project for those looking toward the bi-annual releases rather than Git...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...t-4.5-Released

I would love to see support for the Dell XPS 13 "Sputnik" developer laptop.

Comment

*sigh* Chrome-this, Chrome-that (yes, I know big G "bought" coreboot). Oh, well, and an interesting board, but a developer edition (unaffordable and hard to come by).
      Still good, but I'd really wish there'd be some generic things, that (advanced) end-users can use to begin with and support for normal (consumer) boards. Something with AM2..AM3+, AM1, FM2(+) or the upcoming AM4. And better documentation.

And better care for alredy done boards. I mean, some units get a get a "green light" - but some months later nobody knows if it still works, or thing break and the entry (the sub-page) for the very boards contains very little info. Or something like poweroff doesn't work. Or PS/2 keyboard will work in Seabios but not in Linux/bash/X/whatev.

And I wish for more time so I could actually experiment with my ancient cheapo boards and thin clients (I won't use my production level machines, not even with a backup chip).
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X