Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linux_Chemist
    You will need (at least for Ubuntu):
    + If you've got the padoka ppa, you've got the latest necessary packages, but feel free to compile from source.
    + The xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu package
    + The option for 'SI support' ticked under AMDGPU in the latest kernel (4.9-rc*)
    Could you elaborate on how I enable AMDGPU support with this kernel? Do I need to compile my own kernel?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kripteks View Post
      Finaly its work with mesa 12-1 git.
      But performance with glxgears is bad, i go test with game steam, steam cant boot, is say:
      Couldn't find bootstrap, it's not safe to reset Steam. Please contact technical support.

I used this configure:
      ./configure --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 --enable-glx-tls --with-egl-platforms=drm,x11 --with-gallium-drivers=radeonsi --enable-texture-float --enable-gbm --enable-dri3 --enable-debug --enable-shared-glapi --with-dri-drivers="" --enable-opencl

After make and make install, i have copy/past to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu startx work, amdgpu load, glxinfo glxheads work fine.

I need to recompile for x86_64 and i386 ?
      I think steam accept only i386 and i386 lib is missing, i dont know how compile target.
      I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity, Debian Unstable including Xorg, R9 380x, amdgpu. I am getting 60 fps with kernel 4.8.1. I don't know why it's locked at 60, I don't have vsync on and my 144 Hz Freesync monitor is doing 90 because xrandr says "Failed to change the screen configuration!" if I try to go 120, which used to work but 144 Hz has never worked with amdgpu only with amdgpu-pro. Anyhow, with 4.9-rc1 I get a very sucky ~25 fps. Reboot 4.8.1 back to 60 fps. Ah, how sometimes I wish this shit just worked. Back to 4.8.1.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Does Rosegarden play midi or software synths? Kernels after 4.7.8 does not work here so for me they are garbage.
        Do I need any special midi,seq...etc things enable in kernel (I didn't play with midi files since ages)? If not then i don't bring good news

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Maybe you could use the same kernel that I am, amd-staging-4.7. It has DAL and freesync code that I saw with dmesg when booting with a no nfreesync monitor. I disabled DAL for trying to improve stability with wine-staging, but TR 2013 andHeaven bench freezes my pc. Native Linux games and Heaven benchmark works ok.
          Kernel 4.8. is working fairly well so I think I will stick with it until 4.9rc works but I guess I have time to experiment with amd-staging-4.7, from where do you get it?

Comment

Working...
          X