No announcement yet.

KDE's 20th Birthday Celebrated By Re-Releasing KDE 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, oh, I was actually using that one ... I think ... redhat 6.0 ...

Comment

Wayland compatible ?

Comment

And Stardock has a Windows 1 shell replacement for Windows 10 in the wings as well. (Not)

I am wondering what is served by porting a 20 year old shell?

Comment

Next stop Gnome 2.32!

Comment

It will be interesting to see if it is possible to build with / port to Qt5 without too much effort. I ported an old Qt2 application in the AUR once to Qt5 mostly to see "can it be done"?

Basically, I used some kind of Qt3-to-Qt4 conversion script (which apparently also worked on Qt2) and then some manual fixes from Qt4 to Qt5.

Comment

oh found the Qt2-to-later porting forum discussion

Comment

Damn, I used that one and some prior versions as well. Was using somenthing like an AMD K6 and a PCI Trident video board. I guess I used Conectiva Linux back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
                  Damn, I used that one and some prior versions as well. Was using somenthing like an AMD K6 and a PCI Trident video board. I guess I used Conectiva Linux back in the day
                  Compaq Presario 5441 perhaps? Had identical, it ran Red Hat 5.2 quite well. GPU was Trident CyberBlade i7 or something like it. Overclockable (by jumpers) up to 533Mhz

Comment

Originally posted by Stoatally View Post

Do you have Asperger's?
                    What's so bad to have Asperger? Alan Turing was gay, atheist and Asperger. He helped the allied forces to win war and he got into hormone treatment because homosexuality was illegal, but that's another issue.

Are you stupid? That's another issue...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

What's so bad to have Asperger? Alan Turing was gay, atheist and Asperger. He helped the allied forces to win war and he got into hormone treatment because homosexuality was illegal, but that's another issue.

Are you stupid? That's another issue...
                      The point he was making was the poster to whom he was quoting COMPLETETLY missed the entire point. not only that, he opened up with an insult (ie the kid part).

You appear to also have missed the point, and are what, claiming he is misusing the term asperger's?

Do you have is?

I suggets people look up the words 'fun' which is the basis for the article, and 'pretentitous' which some people seem to be afflicted with.
                      Hi

Comment

Working...
                      X