X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Holograph View Post
    crap, I didn't realize this was a few weeks old, just clicked over to this article from the one about the size of the 4.9 pull

sorry... I see no way to delete it
    What you did was very wrong citizen. Please stand still where you are and don't worry, the termination process isn't painful.

That said, no, let's keep this in kernel plz, so that anyone else that might be looking for doing something like that can do so without reinventing the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• Holograph
    replied
    Originally posted by Holograph View Post
    Geez, seems like there is little justification to merge this code if it's just gonna be used by one Motorola phone... Let them keep this stuff in their own kernel tree...
    crap, I didn't realize this was a few weeks old, just clicked over to this article from the one about the size of the 4.9 pull

sorry... I see no way to delete it

Leave a comment:

• Holograph
    replied
    Geez, seems like there is little justification to merge this code if it's just gonna be used by one Motorola phone... Let them keep this stuff in their own kernel tree...

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    So that it doesn't need drivers to work on the host system.
    Well, it still needs drivers to interact with the host system, this thing allows it to interact with other hardware in the system.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    IntelME is a backdoor, nothing more nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Which is like, the single biggest issue Linux has compared to Windows and OS X; vendor driver support.
    Oh. Are binary blobs and Intel Management Engine because of that?

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Sounds like danger. Why should I let a hardware device with its own firmware talk with my usb host controllers?

Which is like, the single biggest issue Linux has compared to Windows and OS X; vendor driver support.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by jwh7 View Post
    In case others are curious about the details, as I was, this is from the mailing list:
    Sounds like danger. Why should I let a hardware device with its own firmware talk with my usb host controllers?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    "Google's recently cancelled Project Ara modular smartphone"

cancelled Project Ara

cancelled

(cries loudly)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X