Greybus Subsystem Proposed For Linux 4.9 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    So that it doesn't need drivers to work on the host system.
    Well, it still needs drivers to interact with the host system, this thing allows it to interact with other hardware in the system.

Comment

Geez, seems like there is little justification to merge this code if it's just gonna be used by one Motorola phone... Let them keep this stuff in their own kernel tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
        Geez, seems like there is little justification to merge this code if it's just gonna be used by one Motorola phone... Let them keep this stuff in their own kernel tree...
        crap, I didn't realize this was a few weeks old, just clicked over to this article from the one about the size of the 4.9 pull

sorry... I see no way to delete it

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
          crap, I didn't realize this was a few weeks old, just clicked over to this article from the one about the size of the 4.9 pull

sorry... I see no way to delete it
          What you did was very wrong citizen. Please stand still where you are and don't worry, the termination process isn't painful.

That said, no, let's keep this in kernel plz, so that anyone else that might be looking for doing something like that can do so without reinventing the wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X