Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New IOWait Boosting Patches For Intel P-State, Schedutil

Phoronix: New IOWait Boosting Patches For Intel P-State, Schedutil

Linux power management and ACPI maintainer Rafael Wysocki has published a set of new "iowait boost" patches for P-State and Schedutil that he's looking to see benchmarked by interested parties...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tate-Schedutil

I'll try to find the time this weekend to patch a test kernel and see how these patches are doing and if they affect the performance for any of our workloads of interest. The algorithm change for P-State should be particularly interesting.
    Michael, I wonder if you'll make an effort to minimize the variables and expand the sample size or you'll just slap on a patched Ubuntu on a desktop with a consumer-grade SSD, have it compile PHP and Apache once and issue a verdict based on that (in your signature style).

Comment

Originally posted by g1618058 View Post
      Michael, I wonder if you'll make an effort to minimize the variables and expand the sample size or you'll just slap on a patched Ubuntu on a desktop with a consumer-grade SSD, have it compile PHP and Apache once and issue a verdict based on that (in your signature style).
      his results are obtained by crunching the numbers from of a bunch of runs of his test suite.
      That's why he has a rack in the basement, the machines are up and running for a long while.
      To do half-assed tests he could have done them with his own desktop like most reviewers do.

Comment

Working...
      X