Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4 Now Has Support For The Linux 4.7 Kernel

Phoronix: Reiser4 Now Has Support For The Linux 4.7 Kernel

The Reiser4 file-system now has support for the latest stable Linux kernel series, Linux 4.7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Toldya. Hans is back )

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
      Toldya. Hans is back )
      Nah, 15 years

Comment

Can I remind people here that this fine guy has murdered a woman and didn't get jailed for life only because he agreed to say where the body was buried? I wouldn't be so happy to see a murderer come free just because he made something else I happen to like.

Also, can I remind people that this guy was a total asshole troll (pretty much all his posts in kernel mailing lists are low-quality trolls and market-speech) and that Reiser4 didn't get added to mainline because it was full of shitty code also hard to maintain due to writing style (and that Reiser himself said he was NOT going to fix that and then claimed their lack of acceptance of his filesystem was "a political choice"?

And this without going in-depth about other things he did like claiming the fs was stable at random when it clearly was not, dropping support of reiser3.6 just after it was mainlined or dumb design choices.

Can we please not turn Reiser in a Tesla 2.0, "a fine guy that made THE BEST FILESYSTEM, but then got jailed because NWO/NSA/Greys and could not finish it".

Comment

[Insert a random joke about Reiser4 killer features here.]

Comment

No matter how much of an asshole, rapist or murderer someone is, good code is still good code. No reason not to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Can I remind people here that this fine guy has murdered a woman and didn't get jailed for life only because he agreed to say where the body was buried? I wouldn't be so happy to see a murderer come free just because he made something else I happen to like.
              Can I remind you that murder is totally classic tool of many "democratic" governemnts, which kill with impunity and without anyone giving too much care.
              Just look at the long list of "war veterans" .
              Whatever Hans did or didn't do in his private life is his own business and ONLY appropriate subject to deal with that is court with the rest of legal system.

I don't nor should I particularly care about private life of subjects on various markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
                No matter how much of an asshole, rapist or murderer someone is, good code is still good code. No reason not to use it.
                Did I say that his filesystem got rejected from mainline because it was full of crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                  Can I remind you that murder is totally classic tool of many "democratic" governemnts, which kill with impunity and without anyone giving too much care.
                  And the fact there are other murderers justifies murder in what way?

Whatever Hans did or didn't do in his private life is his own business and ONLY appropriate subject to deal with that is court with the rest of legal system.
                  We aren't talking of sleeping with sheeps or dressing weird here, that's murder, destruction of human life.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    And the fact there are other murderers justifies murder in what way?
                    It justifies equal treatment. If you don't give much of a crap for those, don't hyperventilate here also.

We aren't talking of sleeping with sheeps or dressing weird here, that's murder, destruction of human life.
                    Which is stil matter of legal, not public action.

Comment

Working...
                    X