Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uniquepito
    replied
    And still in C3 on Mobile Skylake 6700, this is going to be never ending story

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Great, thanks.

If anyone is seeing the problem with anything other than a 290 can you please make a note in the bugzilla ticket ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 09 August 2016, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

AFAIK we have not yet been able to reproduce this in house. Not saying there isn't a problem, just saying that there is something unusually configuration-specific about it.

Has anyone seen a bugzilla ticket for it ? Closest I could find was one for 290x DPM not working, but that was for amdgpu not radeon. This is one of those cases where a few very precise bug tickets from people seeing the problem could help.
    I filed a bug report for it: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97260

Keep in mind that I use Kubuntu 16.04 and Michel did the benchmarks showing the problem using Ubuntu 16.04. If it is a packaging problem is good to know fast so I can knock at Canonical's bug tracker.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Works with only 15/20% of the original performance. It is happening since Kernel 4.7. Michael did a benchmark confirming the problem.

I remember one or two guys saying that it must be a Ubuntu problem, because it is not happening in some distro with the 4.7 kernel.
    AFAIK we have not yet been able to reproduce this in house. Not saying there isn't a problem, just saying that there is something unusually configuration-specific about it.

Has anyone seen a bugzilla ticket for it ? Closest I could find was one for 290x DPM not working, but that was for amdgpu not radeon. This is one of those cases where a few very precise bug tickets from people seeing the problem could help.

Leave a comment:

• Dea1993
    replied
    i've installed linux 4.8rc1 on ubuntu 16.04 but not work (i've installed deb file from kernel.ubuntu.org)

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

What do you mean in particular?
    Works with only 15/20% of the original performance. It is happening since Kernel 4.7. Michael did a benchmark confirming the problem.

I remember one or two guys saying that it must be a Ubuntu problem, because it is not happening in some distro with the 4.7 kernel.

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    Man, the R9 290 still have performance problems. It was established that it is a Ubuntu packaging problem or a Kernel problem?

Better make some noise now since this is supposed to be in 16.10, correct?
    is not ubuntu or kernel problem, it's amd problem and their garbage drivers

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    VCE with omx and vaapi on Polaris is a bit slow with 4.7. Much better with 4.8-rc1, but it randomly locks up: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97240

Leave a comment:

• atomsymbol
    replied
    Man, the R9 290 still have performance problems.
    What do you mean in particular?

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Man, the R9 290 still have performance problems. It was established that it is a Ubuntu packaging problem or a Kernel problem?

Better make some noise now since this is supposed to be in 16.10, correct?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X