Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many Exciting Features To The Linux 4.8 Kernel

Phoronix: The Many Exciting Features To The Linux 4.8 Kernel

Today marks the closure of the Linux 4.8 kernel merge window so as usual here is our recap of all the features we've been monitoring over the past two weeks. Among the highlights for Linux 4.8 are AMD GPU OverDrive overclocking, initial NVIDIA Pascal support, a new ARM Mali display driver, mainline support for the Raspberry Pi 3 BCM SoC, HDMI CEC support, big reworks to Btrfs and XFS file-system code, and a number of new security features, among other changes.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Med_ View Post
    Naive question, is it also possible the underclock the amd cards? I am more interested in silence than with a few extra fps.
    Last check it didn't allow negative values.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Med_ View Post
      Naive question, is it also possible the underclock the amd cards? I am more interested in silence than with a few extra fps.
      @bridgeman this, any possibilty it can be done?

Comment

hmm, why I cannot edit posts anymore?

Comment

Thanks Michael, I really like these write-ups.

Comment

Interesting, iMX7 support is coming almost faster than the hardware! I'm thinking about the e-book readers, especially.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              @bridgeman this, any possibilty it can be done?
              You can already limit the dpm states that are active or force the clocks to low.

Comment

Will there ever be a fix for the intel baytrail freezes ? we are still not able to run a kernel over the 3.14...It makes our computers so sad to be left alone without help for so long...From where can we get help if it isn't coming from the creators ?

Comment

Working...
                X