No announcement yet.

Linux 4.7 Kernel Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I dumped the 4.7 image and re installed via dpkg -i from ubuntu mainline and got it to work. It seems i'm still a noob trying to build my custom kernel..

Question guys. Do i have to edit my grub file to add params or the new cpu governor benefits Ubuntu current one?

Comment

This kernel is really bad for Radeon R9 380. I have just 50% of performance when compare to 4.6... I hope that this bug will be finally fixed with 4.8.

Comment

OK, that's interesting... I had heard about regressions with Hawaii but not with Tonga. Will pass that on.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

My custom kernel 4.7 is massive 8.6 MB when packaged to Debian package so what is point. With the kernel configuration tools you select what to include in the kernel.
          Mine is 2,5M without nvidia kernel module. I think most hw support for my Skylake Latitude is included... And I still think it is bloated as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            OK, that's interesting... I had heard about regressions with Hawaii but not with Tonga. Will pass that on.
            Thanks, I see this problem since 4.7rc1. I posted benchmark results from eg. Shadow of Mordor and Metro 2033 + LL in some threads related to kernel 4.7 release candidates. I have Sapphire Radeon R9 380 ITX Compact 2GB.

Comment

Working...
            X