Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mez'
    replied
    Indeed, I also ran into the issue last week on Ubuntu but after reading your article, I installed the daily packages (awaiting RC2 in mainline ppa) and it worked.
    RC1 version in the repositories worked perfectly on Manjaro.

Moreover, I had a Ubuntu-only bug while loading a race in Dirt Showdown, it would freeze for 30-60 seconds with a black screen between the car overview and the actual start race countdown. Never occurred with Manjaro. I'm not sure it is linked to kernel 4.7 or new mesa-dev version (though I think I still had it with latest Mesa before upgrading to 4.7) but it is now solved.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Rakot View Post

Hello Michael,
    Congrats with the Phoronix birthday. I'm wondering, do you have any partnership with Linux Foundation given an amount of effort and work you do for Linux benchmarking?
    Nope, Linux Foundation doesn't support Phoronix. The only thing they do is offer media passes for the times I've gone to LinuxCOn, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Rakot
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: The Linux 4.7 Kernel Builds Are Finally Playing Nicely Again On All My Systems

Nearly two weeks ago I warned that You May Want To Think Twice About Trying Linux 4.7 Git Right Now. Fortunately, all is well now and those problems have cleared up...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nel-Build-Good
    Hello Michael,
    Congrats with the Phoronix birthday. I'm wondering, do you have any partnership with Linux Foundation given an amount of effort and work you do for Linux benchmarking?

Leave a comment:

• post-factum
    replied
    Fortunately, that was pure Ubuntu package issue, and upstream kernel had nothing to do with that.

Leave a comment:

• The Linux 4.7 Kernel Builds Are Finally Playing Nicely Again On All My Systems

Phoronix: The Linux 4.7 Kernel Builds Are Finally Playing Nicely Again On All My Systems

Nearly two weeks ago I warned that You May Want To Think Twice About Trying Linux 4.7 Git Right Now. Fortunately, all is well now and those problems have cleared up...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X