Get The Steam Controller For $35 USD This Weekend For Your Linux Gaming Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zzarko View Post
    Sadly, in Europe the controller is 54 euros, roughly $61...
    I see 38,49€ (in France) for this Weekend sale.

Comment

Isn't there a revision coming soon? and hmm... maybe I should buy eet.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

Guest I'm in Australia too and just bought one. It let me sign-up to a free trial of prime which I will cancel right away
        That actually worked fine. Thanks. One ordered and on the way. Shame the link is out of stock.

Comment

I was waiting for an updated revision, but I really needed a gamepad that works on more games. So I jumped on the sale and grabbed mine from the Steam store. It should turn up in the next few days and I can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by totoz View Post
            I have a Steam Controller since January, and I really love it.

The integrated gyro really helps for aiming, as well as the right touchpad that can be configured as a standard joystick camera or as a mouse camera controller (you can even combine both, for example in a 3rd person shoter, use it as joystick camera until you press a modifier button to switch in mouse camera mode).

The ability to share custom bindings with the steam community is nice.
            ​Agreed, it has more flexibility than any other controller. I haven't used my xbox one controller since getting it. The aiming is better than any other controller, while you still have the analog stick for flying etc. I got the gyro nicely setup for driving so I can use the controller like a steering wheel, once you get the sensitivity and dead zones right it's so much more immersive than driving with a regular controller and definitely the next best thing to a wheel. The ability to easily switch between community profiles while in-game is a killer feature.

Comment

Originally posted by totoz View Post

I see 38,49€ (in France) for this Weekend sale.
              Correct, but that is without shipping.

I bought two, but to my surprise you couldn't buy two at the same time and had to do two orders which meant double shipping as well which sucks.

At least they support bitcoin now which is nice.

Comment

Got one off the store as well for 38€ (weekend 30% discount) + 9€ of shipping (to Belgium).

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Valve discounted the Steam Link and Steam Controller this week in marking more than 500,000 sales of the Steam Controller. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Controller-AMZ
                  Included in that number are the Steam Controllers bundled with Steam Machines.

"A Valve representative confirmed to Ars that this number includes the controllers that are packaged with every branded Steam Machine sold through Valve's hardware partners."

Comment

Originally posted by zzarko View Post
                    Sadly, in Europe the controller is 54 euros, roughly $61...
                    I just bought it for 38€ +10€ ports in Steam!

Comment

In this article 500 000 steam machines are compared to 10 000 000 PS4...
                      Not very fair, Sony spent billions in marketing and exclusive titles. BTW Steam machines are still not available out of USA.

Steam machines seems to be a long time project for Valve, not an instant market killer.

But there was 1 interressant comment (not from the writer): maybe the Steam Link is canibalizing those machines as console connected to TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X