• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nadro
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

maybe it is the intel p-state regression you are seeing:

http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...4.6-Regression
    I have AMD CPU -> A10 7850K, so it isn't this issue, but thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by nadro View Post
    After switch to this kernel and kernel-firmware 1.158, I see a huge perf drop in Shadow of Mordor with AMDGPU driver for my Tonga based GPU. Since kernel 4.6 I also see some "Invalid PCI ROM" error message at boot phase (before GDM start)
    maybe it is the intel p-state regression you are seeing:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Leave a comment:

• nadro
    replied
    After switch to this kernel and kernel-firmware 1.158, I see a huge perf drop in Shadow of Mordor with AMDGPU driver for my Tonga based GPU. Since kernel 4.6 I also see some "Invalid PCI ROM" error message at boot phase (before GDM start)

Leave a comment:

• skies
    replied
    Any further work in 4.7 on the Cgroups cleanup? (Control Groups v2)

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    yeah, linux foundation should fund phoronix

Leave a comment:

• heredoc
    replied
    phoronix looks like they really rely on you this time, hope there is enough sponsoring though.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    Looks like they have solved the random lockup system with intel graphics.
    Either that or the problematic patch has not made it to 4.7-rc1. But I think everything that is in Linus git master ends up in the next rc, right? And that was broken for me a couple of days ago.

Edit: X gamma control doesn't work. Not sure if it is because of the kernel or because xorg git. Does it work for everyone else?

xgamma -gamma 0.5
    Last edited by haagch; 29 May 2016, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Linux 4.7-rc1 Kernel Released

Linux 4.7-rc1 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.7-rc1 Kernel Released

The first test release of Linux 4.7 is now available. This new kernel version comes with plenty of new features and functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X