Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sixth Alpha Release For Debian Installer Stretch

Phoronix: The Sixth Alpha Release For Debian Installer Stretch

The sixth alpha release of the Debian Installer for the upcoming "Stretch" release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think it's worth mentioning that to me, debian-installer is one of the best, if not THE best, installer for any operating system I have ever used. And that's a lot.

It works every time and on any machine. I can't ever remember it freezing or crashing. Hell, you can even SSH into it and do the installation from there. Not to mention it can be pre-seeded and fully automated. Pure awesomeness. Wish all installers would follow its design.

Edit: somehow forgot to mention that it's easy for novices to use, while (crucially) providing all the customization options that experts may want or need.
    Last edited by M1kkko; 22 May 2016, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      Edit: somehow forgot to mention that it's easy for novices to use, while (crucially) providing all the customization options that experts may want or need.
      Being easy for novice users while providing power for expert/power users is a design principle all software should be designed with.

Comment

Working...
      X