Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS-3G Linux NTFS File-System Driver Updated

Phoronix: NTFS-3G Linux NTFS File-System Driver Updated

Tuxera has published a new stable version of their NTFS read-write driver for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If Tuxera has been the company maintaining this all along, then my hat is off to them - I've been using ntfs-3g for a long time without ever having a problem.

I've completely abandoned Windows in my life. But my wife and kids haven't - and if I force them to free software, they're just going to resent me and free software.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
      If Tuxera has been the company maintaining this all along, then my hat is off to them - I've been using ntfs-3g for a long time without ever having a problem.

I've completely abandoned Windows in my life. But my wife and kids haven't - and if I force them to free software, they're just going to resent me and free software.

You start getting problems when you start using permissions.

Comment

Did they fix this one?

Comment

Thanks Michael. I too am dependent on ntfs-3g. My laptop triple-boots Fedora, CentOS, and Windows; home partition shared between them. Will this update be coming soon to a Fedora near you?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
            My friends and family are just thankful there is something else out there, and accept they the learning curve, as it is an opportunity to get away from the never-ending frustrations of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by wodencafe View Post

My friends and family are just thankful there is something else out there, and accept they the learning curve, as it is an opportunity to get away from the never-ending frustrations of Windows.
              My wife and kids resent all of the time I've spent away from them learning how to use Linux - not at conferences and classes but learning and configuring in our own house. So they're starting off on the wrong foot. The Linux sales pitch would have been ten times easier if I had it all working before getting married and becoming a parent. But I didn't.

Comment

Working...
              X