Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS File-System Being Further Enhanced With Linux 4.6

Phoronix: F2FS File-System Being Further Enhanced With Linux 4.6

While F2FS still doesn't seem to have been utilized yet by any large, wide-scale deployments as the flash file-system of choice, this Linux file-system continues to mature...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's useful on usb stick.

Comment

Well, many people use it on android, at least with "custom roms". Not sure how android's upstream support of it looks like. Anyone know more about that?

Comment

Isn't F2FS used on Samsung android phones?
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          As long as you transfer files between Linux systems only. That's its limit.

Comment

I don't think F2FS is supported by Fedora/CentOS/RHEL, nor is it in the plans to be, which really is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
              Isn't F2FS used on Samsung android phones?
              No, there were some Motorola devices that used it.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                Well, many people use it on android, at least with "custom roms". Not sure how android's upstream support of it looks like. Anyone know more about that?
                aosp actually has f2fs-tools maintained by google. or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  Not if you want to exchange data with Windows or OS X or BD players or TVs or ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanworlds View Post
                    I don't think F2FS is supported by Fedora/CentOS/RHEL, nor is it in the plans to be, which really is a shame.
                    I take it you mean as a root FS. Debian's installer doesn't offer it as an option either (at least in Jessie) but it's easy enough to fudge it afterwards. I have successfully done this.

Comment

Working...
                    X