X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I don't expect these changes to have any visible effect unless we're talking hundreds or thousands of threads.
    thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• sarfarazahmad
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I don't expect these changes to have any visible effect unless we're talking hundreds or thousands of threads.
    i run BFQ on a shitty old laptop. old hdd doesnt give more than 25MBps on a disk to disk transfer on a sata 2 bus. if i run ubuntu on it, the same stuff happens thats mentioned above. BFQ is far more pleasant.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post
    I wonder, if any of those improvements can make Desktop/gaming experience more fluid?
    BFS is nice, but I we need something that is in the kernel...

Leave a comment:

• tessio
    replied
    My Linux Mint 17.3 uses 760MB from the 3072MB available, so memory is not the problem. But every time I'm writing a big file to a disk (internal o external) everything becomes super slow, even the mouse pointer movement start to hang. Is this a scheduler thing? Anyone else experience that? This deadline scheduler could help?

**Edit**
    It turns out that I'm already using the deadline scheduler:

Code:
    $ cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
    noop [deadline] cfq
    Last edited by tessio; 14 March 2016, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    I wonder, if any of those improvements can make Desktop/gaming experience more fluid?
    BFS is nice, but I we need something that is in the kernel...

Leave a comment:

• Scheduler Improvements Published For The Linux 4.6 Kernel

Phoronix: Scheduler Improvements Published For The Linux 4.6 Kernel

Ingo Molnar is once again very punctual with sending his pull requests in right away for the next Linux kernel merge window for the numerous areas he oversees as the maintainer. One of his interesting pull requests this morning is of the scheduler updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X