• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thetargos
    replied
    Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
    Why is that worse?
    Do you really think we need yet another rich-internet-application-pluign? Flash has already been opened (to some extent at least) rendering it much like PDF, so you can use an open viewer or a proprietary one... SilverLight? Not much so, plus it depends on Mono (and I personally despise Mono and the many trap-holes it still potentially holds for Linux with regards to stuff like .Net specific code and Windows.Forms)

Leave a comment:

• wswartzendruber
    replied
    Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    Or worse *shrugs* Flash will be replaced by SilverLight (MoonLight in Linux [txs to Novell])
    Why is that worse?

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Originally posted by greg View Post
    Unfortunately, gnash/swfdec still suck, and so does the newer SVG/Canvas stuff in the browsers. Until we have something that is better, or at least on par with Flash, people will stick with Flash.
    Or worse *shrugs* Flash will be replaced by SilverLight (MoonLight in Linux [txs to Novell])

Leave a comment:

• greg
    replied
    Unfortunately, gnash/swfdec still suck, and so does the newer SVG/Canvas stuff in the browsers. Until we have something that is better, or at least on par with Flash, people will stick with Flash.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    It would be better if web content developers moved away from flash, or developed content that's compatible with Gnash/swfdec instead

Leave a comment:

• grigi
    replied
    The Flash 10 crash is related to a firefox 3 bug. It is fixed in Firefox 3.0.2

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
    do what all sensible people do, DONT USE FLASH CRAP.

extremely easy, simple, and EFFECTIVE.

I would if I could avoid it. Unfortunately some of my online University courses use flash based sites.

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    Yeah. Crashes galore . Seriously, sometimes I'm afraid to even open sites with embedded flash videos.
    do what all sensible people do, DONT USE FLASH CRAP.

extremely easy, simple, and EFFECTIVE.

Leave a comment:

• greg
    replied
    Flash can crash as much as it wants -- I'm using nspluginwrapper. It's possible to use it on 32-bit systems too. However, I don't experience many crashes on my 32-bit notebook where I use Flash without nspluginwrapper. What are you guys doing?!

FYI, I don't like Flash so much either, but seriously, it isn't going away soon. There's some very nice content on the web made with Flash and I want to see that. The alternatives like gnash or swfdec aren't really ready yet.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by greg View Post
    The newer Flash 10 releases work well for me, it's way better and faster than Flash 9.

Yeah. Crashes galore . Seriously, sometimes I'm afraid to even open sites with embedded flash videos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X