Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd Saw The Most Commits Ever In 2015

Phoronix: Systemd Saw The Most Commits Ever In 2015

In 2015 there was 5,466 commits to the systemd repository, which was noticeably more than any year in the past...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    Good luck in making Windows more popular than ever!
    I can't believe there are people out there that are unhappy with systemd. All it has done is make my life much easier.

Comment

Funny how all of the haters come out of the woodwork every time you post anything about systemd. I guess they assume all of the people working on distros that see the advantages with it are idiots. Having used systemd since it was a wee child I wouldn't use anything else.

I don't use emacs, but i don't bash it just because I don't like it. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by vadix View Post
        I can't believe there are people out there that are unhappy with systemd. All it has done is make my life much easier.
        You're a lucky one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post

You're a lucky one.
          Based on the direction of most distributions, it's in the extreme majority for systemd to work as intended.

Comment

sÿstëmd has improved Linux tremendously, and it's becoming increasingly clear that the haters simply do not know what they are talking about. You want something else? Then code it and put your money where your clueless mouth is.

Comment

I <3 Systemd - Yup I said it, I went there came back and brought it.

Comment

Systemd is faster than shit, and I *really* appreciate the extra 30 seconds I get when I'm doing my once a year reboot. However, (and I could be totally wrong), I just feel that its slowly taking away the Unix in Linux.
                I haven't really paid attention to Systemd's development, but KDBus has given me a sour taste for the developers

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
                  Systemd is faster than shit, and I *really* appreciate the extra 30 seconds I get when I'm doing my once a year reboot. However, (and I could be totally wrong), I just feel that its slowly taking away the Unix in Linux.
                  I haven't really paid attention to Systemd's development, but KDBus has given me a sour taste for the developers
                  The "taking away the Unix" is a misguided believe based on how most distributions package systemd. Most of systemd's features are modular and optional. You can personally build systemd with just the init system if you wanted to, leaving out pretty much everything else, but distributions don't do that because systemd's other modules are awesome from a developer's standpoint.

Comment

I personally use use Mint, which still uses Upstart, but honestly I like the idea of a unified base system, including a better init system. It's all for the better. Having a SysV Init system doesn't make linux any better I think. If life can be so much simpler, then so be it! I'm saying it from a simple user's POV, not that of an administrator or developer. As it is, one of the biggest faults of Linux is it's fragmentation, I guess (from the developers' POV anyway)... and systemd is something of a medicine to that, at least partially. I welcome it!

Comment

Working...
                    X