No announcement yet.

Linux 4.4 SSD Benchmarks On EXT4, F2FS, Btrfs & XFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why i always see good XFS performace results but the same comments of : Stick with EXT4, XFS dont worth your time....

The difference is even bigger in SSDs, so

Whats the problem with XFS?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      Actually which linux operating system akkows f2fs file sysyem option during installation!?
      Arch Linux.

It's pretty much manual process btw.

Comment

Hello Michael,

I think that it would be even more clear for people reading the benchmarks to use percentages too, like this people will be able to get the real difference between two tests.
        for example with your last benchmark : Linux 4.4 SSD Benchmarks On EXT4, F2FS, Btrfs & XFS :
        BTRFS EXT4 XFS F2FS
        SQLITE 92.30 28.65 28.36 32.18
        +225% +1% +0% +13%
        Flexible IO Tester 79.76 102.70 114.26 107.48
        -31% -11% +0% -6%
        here the blue is always the best one, we use the best one as a reference for the others, and with it we can express the others compared to it with percentages. I think that like this it is more clear and it shows in a better way the differences between each filesystems in our case of study.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          So I want to buy some cheap SSD to put in a laptop. What is the state of support for the TRIM command in Ubuntu (or Linux in general) outside Intel and Samsung SSD's? Sandisk and Kingstone are well supported? Because I don't want to spent much in a machine I barely use.

I use Kingston and TRIM works fine with no issues and I have cron-weekly/fstrim setup with --no-model-check tag

Comment

Working...
          X