Systemd 228 Ships New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Don't underestimate the assholeness of the systemd developers.
    Not anyhow close to that of systemd haters, who never gave a fuck about shitload of technical issues and challenges, mumbling "who needs this crap?" and "go code it yourself!". Now its time to face the result of your arrogant and ignorant attitude and face consequences...

Comment

No, they wouldn't want it to be called systemd/Linux, they would just pull Linux into their repository (as they did with udev) and simply call it just systemd.

Yawn..... trolling systemd and its developers has got really stale and boring.

Comment

if is's not kitchen sink it not worth to mention

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post

Awesome, looking forward to putting the "you forgot to mention GNU" issue to rest.
          Well systemd requires GNU libc, it doesn't work with other, standards compliant libc libraries. It's very much GNU.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            Well systemd requires GNU libc, it doesn't work with other, standards compliant libc libraries. It's very much GNU.
            This is my biggest complaint with systemd. I'd love to see musl support.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              Well. It's not the software's job to be compatible with every C standard library on this planet. It's the libraries job to seek compatibility.

Comment

Patches already exist and you can use them if you want to

Some of them were upstreamed but it has to be more than disabling some features for upstream to accept it.

Comment

Not going to happen until "alternative libc" devs realize that refusing to put even minimal effort to be somewhat compatible with glibc for absolutely no good reason is just plain stupid.

Comment

No, they wouldn't want it to be called systemd/Linux, they would just pull Linux into their repository (as they did with udev) and simply call it just systemd.

They already are called - Lenux, to distinguish those systems from Linux

Comment

Working...
                    X