Wine 1.7.55 Adds The PulseAudio Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You are RH fan, I understand, No other opinions are allowed. I did not know until now how famous Lennart is:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...art+Poettering
    " A somewhat well-known author of surreal horror fiction from Germany, Lennart Poettering is mostly known for writing overly long and confusing works such as Pulsations of Autophilia (a tragedy about a sluggish autistic teenager who is murdered while fucking his uncle's Porsche and comes back as a ghost to seek vengeance) and Systems Down (about a server administrator who finds himself locked in the server room after closing time with a horrible, memory-corrupting abomination).
    I picked up this new book at Barnes and Noble, but it says that Lennart Poettering is required reading so I'm taking it back.
    "
    Pulseaudio and Gnome, worst software what i have seen. Even windows is better, windows works most of the time.

Pulseaudio discussion is very old so we can stop here:

Same problems today as in 2008.
    Yea. You're just repeating the BS someone else is spoon feeding you.

I doubt you've ever actually used Pulseaudio or Gnome.

Of all the OSS devs out there, the Gnome Project is the only project that fully understood the implications of a modern desktop environment based on common languages such as Javascript and CSS. Most other DEs (including your beloved xfce) are still stuck in the dark ages.

Pulseaudio is, essentially, an attempt at writing a sane, general purpose sound server. Kind of what CoreAudio for Mac OS X is.
    If you think that's bad, then you've really got no clue.

Comment

You are RH fan, I understand, No other opinions are allowed. I did not know until now how famous Lennart is:
      http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...art+Poettering
      " A somewhat well-known author of surreal horror fiction from Germany, Lennart Poettering is mostly known for writing overly long and confusing works such as Pulsations of Autophilia (a tragedy about a sluggish autistic teenager who is murdered while fucking his uncle's Porsche and comes back as a ghost to seek vengeance) and Systems Down (about a server administrator who finds himself locked in the server room after closing time with a horrible, memory-corrupting abomination).
      I picked up this new book at Barnes and Noble, but it says that Lennart Poettering is required reading so I'm taking it back.
      "
      Pulseaudio and Gnome, worst software what i have seen. Even windows is better, windows works most of the time.

Pulseaudio discussion is very old so we can stop here:

Same problems today as in 2008.
      Yea. You're just repeating the BS someone else is spoon feeding you.

I doubt you've ever actually used Pulseaudio or Gnome.

Of all the OSS devs out there, the Gnome Project is the only project that fully understood the implications of a modern desktop environment based on common languages such as Javascript and CSS. Most other DEs (including your beloved xfce) are still stuck in the dark ages.

Pulseaudio is, essentially, an attempt at writing a sane, general purpose sound server. Kind of what CoreAudio for Mac OS X is.
      If you think that's bad, then you've really got no clue.

I'm no "Red Hat fan", btw. Never even used any of their distros.
      Last I looked, you don't have to be a fan of them to use software maintained by one of their devs.

Comment

The only feature that explains existance of PA in my system is easy switching between audio cards. Any modern PC today has at least two sound cards: one in chipset (internal) and one in GPU (HDMI Audio), but my ears are bleeding when I try to listen music from internal audio, so I have bought an ASUS Xonar DG, so I have 3 cards now.

Actually I have even USB-one for OSX, and sometimes I'm lazy to switch cables so I just switch it in PA forget about any soundcard issues.

I just recalled I have a mic in Web-cam, it's 5, OH SHI~

Comment

Quit being such a goddamn Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
            Any modern PC today has at least two sound cards: one in chipset (internal) and one in GPU (HDMI Audio), but my ears are bleeding when I try to listen music from internal audio, so I have bought an ASUS Xonar DG, so I have 3 cards now.

Actually I have even USB-one for OSX, and sometimes I'm lazy to switch cables so I just switch it in PA forget about any soundcard issues.

I just recalled I have a mic in Web-cam, it's 5, OH SHI~
            Yeap. I have an onboard sound chip, a dedicated one for EAX/EFX, a USB microphone and HDMI/DP audio, which makes four.

Comment

My mistake,
              Seems to be your raison d'etre

Comment

Working...
              X